Do you have jealous dogs?

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Self explanatory!

Ever since getting Happy I am realizing just how jealous Juno is. omg! The past 2 weeks she has been the most affectionate dog ever! Who knew all I had to do was get another dog in order to bring out that behavior :rofl1: If I so much as look at Happy, Juno comes wiggling up over to me like oh hai I'm still here!! Or if I pet Happy.... guess who comes pushing her way in between us....

She's not like that if I give Lucy attention. But it's funny. Good thing they're all pretty easy going because I could easily see how that could create some serious snark!

Jonas is, which is pretty much why I will not have another small dog in his life time. He would literally implode and die if he saw me with another little guy in my lap.

thehoundgirl

Oh yeah! Buster is so jealous if we give Rudy attention. Dixie isn't super jealous but she might be when we meet my brother's new puppy tomorrow. ;) Rudy? He was jealous when we brought Dixie home but got over himself. He might be jealous of the pup too, who knows. I don't think Buster will care much but we will see!

JacksonsMom

He's kinda jealous... not *overly* but he definitely wants my attention more, and is more cuddly/lovey with me too than he usually is.

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
Cali is, but then again, she's probably the biggest attention hog in history. She even gets jealous of the cats and comes running over as soon as she sees one getting some head rubs... she's gonna a swift whack to the face a few times by one of them in particular, but nothing can really deter her.

Moses, I don't think he gets jealous although I always feel bad if I'm petting Cali and he looks over... so I end up getting up and going to pet him. Aside from his incessant need to bark at strangers when they are in the driveway, he could likely be considered the "perfect couch dog". :p

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Yep. In fact I used it to my benefit with Auggie a few times. Ohhhh Auggie it's right before your agility run, LET ME PET PAAAAYTOOOOOON...

Pepper used to be the worst but I don't let her get away with it so it has stopped for the most part. If I'm petting one of the boys, she would come up and SHOVE them out of the way and then stand there like =D TA-DAAAA. Ummm, no. That's not a way to get petted, that's a way to get ignored. (And that stuff totally broke Auggie's heart the first time she was here. "MOM, she won't play with me, she runs away from me, and she keeps PUSHING me!!" Poor little guy.) So that has by and large stopped. She will still come running if I call one of the other dogs because she wants attention instead, but I don't consider that rude really.

Auggie doesn't like to share playmates, and Payton doesn't always like to share Georgie. If Auggie and Georgie are playing, Payton will grab Georgie's tail and try to pull her away. (NOT kidding and maybe it makes me mean but I think it's hysterical - it's fair because Georgie will get jealous and grab Payton's back legs and try to drag HIM away, which is equally hysterical since she is less than half his size.) He will sometimes even do that when my mom is playing with Georgie, which doesn't go over well since Georgie is HER puppy... whoops.
Auggie, OTOH, likes to play with just one dog at a time - if he is playing with Georgie and Payton tries to join in, he tries to tell Payton off. If he's playing with Payton and GEORGIE tries to join in, he tries to tell Georgie off. Auggie is apparently not a multi-tasker LOL.

I dunno how Pepper is with playing since she has yet to really play with the other dogs. She's REALLY close but no go yet. Last night she would grab one end of the toy if the other dog had it (if I was also holding it =P) and I would let go and there would be ONE tug from the other dog before she realized the trick and dropped the toy... close. We'll see if she's a jealous player. She doesn't care if Payton and Auggie play, obviously, haha. They are always playing together and she just sits with me all "Snuuuuuggllllllllles!"

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
If I'm petting one of the boys, she would come up and SHOVE them out of the way and then stand there like =D TA-DAAAA
:rofl1: :rofl1:

And yes, I do. We're working on it.

MicksMom

Yep. In fact I used it to my benefit with Auggie a few times. Ohhhh Auggie it's right before your agility run, LET ME PET PAAAAYTOOOOOON...
Caleb is the same way. He's worked the absolute best at run thrus after I've taken someone else's dog(s) through the course. He's even better when I worked a dog he doesn't know.

When we have canine visitors (Caleb is an only dog), Caleb falls back on his default "I need attention" behavior, and find something someplace in the house to bring me. I have discovered that's only when "attention seeking" dogs are visiting. When my friend's Lab stayed with us so I could show her, Caleb was fine. The best way to describe their interaction was that they hung out.

FG167

Yes, my boys are very jealous of each other. They both share me with Eden fine so it ends up being a musical chairs kind of gig. Eden + Limit OR Kastle with the other boy chewing a favorite toy. When the chewer takes a break to get a drink, the one that is cuddling steals the toy and the chewer takes his place on the couch with me LOL Only this week have they started to cuddle with me at the same time. They don't like to touch though. Although Eden can cuddle with/lay on/lick either of them with no problems.

Airn

Very jealous. Pretty much what the others said. Especially Cali and Beanie. Gwen will shove anything out of the way if she can. She will also jump into your lap, nudge your hand, paw, whatever. (Boyfriend taught Gwen the wonderful "UP UP" and now she feels like she can jump in your lap WHENEVER.)

What Cali said about the cats is what happens with Gwen, too. We have a cat that lives with us and if I even look at the cat, Gwen comes running. I'm evil too because I think it's pretty hilarious to watch Gwen try to chase the cat off. She starts trying to act all tough and growls and whines and circles him. They haven't actually had a tumble. She just paws and tries to mouth him. She is getting more adventurous, though. "Oh you were outside? Welcome back" *TACKLEMOUTHGROWL*

Gwen is just an odd one. We've even considered getting another dog so she can learn some humility. :rolleyes: I equate her to a spoiled only child. And Charlie (the cat) is like the foster kid we didn't intend to keep. And I think Gwen knows that! :lol-sign:

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Gracie actually gets pretty bad with strange dogs. Gracie, Cooper, and Cynder get along wonderfully together. And yes, if we're showing affection/attention/special treatment to one, the others come over in hopes that they'll get something to, but it isn't a pushy issue. But with Chloe, or I noticed it when we had Seabees, too, Gracie will get not only pushy, but aggressive where I am concerned. And that is a big no no and will be something we'll have to work on when I get my pup.

SaraB

My girls really aren't. At all.

They both enjoy their attention but are more than happy to sit aside while the other one is getting pet/played with/trained/whatever.

However, this is something I've worked on from day one with them. Rewarding for staying at a distance when I'm playing/petting/training the other. It's turned into somewhat of a default now and even applies to novel situations. Take the treadmill for example, they both adore their treadmill time and race down there to be the first one on. However, even Zinga figured out very quickly that if she offers a down stay 10 feet away from the treadmill when it's Zuma's turn that she'll get treats tossed her direction too. If one dog brings me a toy, the other either lays down and chews on a bone or runs and grabs me another toy so they can play too.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
I have a corgi bitch so um... yeah. Takes "jealous" dog to whole new level, trust me. :rofl1:

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Yes. She takes it too far sometimes too. Screaming and carrying on and even biting Ruby when I give her any attention even if I'm telling her to stop barking.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Right now I think more broken heart than jealousy. Neccy and Pepper play by the hour. THe bitey face, and roll on each other and carpet shark and tug and chase. Both play pretty rough, they sound like they are killing each other. Victor is upset by this. He wants to join in so bad but he cannot take being scratched,he is hypersensitive and one scratch from Pepper which happens almost immediately sends Victor to the side licking his leg or side and looking upset. I took him for a ride in the truck yesterday to make up for it. SOmetimes I go sit by him and try to get him to play with me instead. His eyes are so big and forlorn it makes you want to do anything for him to cheer him up. And in the meantime they go on rolling and bitey facing and tugging and being very happy.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Pepper used to be the worst but I don't let her get away with it so it has stopped for the most part. If I'm petting one of the boys, she would come up and SHOVE them out of the way and then stand there like =D TA-DAAAA.

Auggie doesn't like to share playmates, and Payton doesn't always like to share Georgie. If Auggie and Georgie are playing, Payton will grab Georgie's tail and try to pull her away. (NOT kidding and maybe it makes me mean but I think it's hysterical - it's fair because Georgie will get jealous and grab Payton's back legs and try to drag HIM away, which is equally hysterical since she is less than half his size.) He will sometimes even do that when my mom is playing with Georgie, which doesn't go over well since Georgie is HER puppy... whoops.
Auggie, OTOH, likes to play with just one dog at a time - if he is playing with Georgie and Payton tries to join in, he tries to tell Payton off. If he's playing with Payton and GEORGIE tries to join in, he tries to tell Georgie off. Auggie is apparently not a multi-tasker LOL.

I dunno how Pepper is with playing since she has yet to really play with the other dogs. She's REALLY close but no go yet. Last night she would grab one end of the toy if the other dog had it (if I was also holding it =P) and I would let go and there would be ONE tug from the other dog before she realized the trick and dropped the toy... close. We'll see if she's a jealous player. She doesn't care if Payton and Auggie play, obviously, haha. They are always playing together and she just sits with me all "Snuuuuuggllllllllles!"
So like, ALL the ferrets push each other out of the way because THEY want the attention :p

Also, Renegade is just like Payton. Nacho LOVES Harley, but Harley is Ren's girl. So Nacho will (unfortunately) grab Harley and pull her to where he wants to cuddle, but then Ren goes and steals Harley back by pulling her by the tail. The sad thing us, Ren will then beat up Harley for snuggling with Nacho :p

mkj2013

Addie is incredibly jealous, in a very mean and inappropriate way:( She pretty much attacks other dogs that get too close or excited around me. She's a brat. We're working on it...:(

Members online

No members online now.