Making Your Dresser Smell Nice?

I'm kind of obsessed with nice smelling things. I don't like perfume, but I do love the fragrances from laundry detergent or shampoo. I like my clothes to smell nice, but so far all of my dressers have been sorely lacking in their fragrant capabilities. My old dresser, if you left anything in it for too long, would make things smell weird, so I'd put used dryer sheets in there to counteract that. The one I have now is sort of like that, but I go through the clothes in it frequently enough that it's not a problem. However, everything is so... neutral. And I don't use fabric softener sheets anymore so I can't do my usual thing.

I remember when I was in first or second grade we made these cinnamon gingery things that you put in the drawers and it made everything smell like that. Is there some natural product like that? Or better yet, something I can just cobble together myself?

I used to have a bunch of big seed pods from the Southwest that I kept in my dresser drawers. They smelled kind of like lavender and roses.

Maybe Romy knows what they are.

milos_mommy

Yeah, anything that has a strong fragrance that you like. When I was in California I kept picking jasmine flowers and stuff them in my pockets to smell, but we don't have them here.

Cinnamon sticks, orange/lemon zest, rosemary, lavender, chamomile....mint.

When I was a kid one of the school projects a teacher did with us was taking an orange and poking whole cloves into it to make a closet pomander. It smelled WONDERFUL.

Awesome, I don't know why I didn't think of something like dried lavender or cloves. I'd have to wait until I got home to raid the spice rack. Maybe this Thanksgiving I'll assemble a bunch of little sachets. Actually, there are a lot of lavender plants on campus... I'm not allowed to have candles, but would small bars of really natural soap work? And not be too overwhelming? I guess it's not going to be expensive anyway so even if my crafts project fails I won't have wasted much but time. Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I feel like I'll be smelling like an apple pie for a while until I find a good combo, hahaha.

Kilter

spray bottle and diluted fabric softener - I use that when I've folded everything before I put it away.

Members online

No members online now.