The musing thread

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Cuddling with the dogs and watching Pride and Prejudice. It's helping a bit.

Tortilla

Blonde Raccoon
Okay, taking pictures of your dogs while on a walk in the dead of winter.

How the HECK do you people do it? I took a few pictures from my iPhone of Seamus yesterday and my hands literally felt like they were about to freeze off. Yeah we're having a bit of a 'cold snap,' (as in it currently feels about -34 with the wind chill, haha) but still! I couldn't imagine using my actual camera! I can't even text and can barely change the song on my iPod when my hands are cold much less take awesome pictures. So much respect to the people that can (mostly Toller_08, jeez!). :p

LMAO I saw a car with a Bronie STICKER on the back while I was grocery shopping a few weeks ago. They must've been proud :p
Aww my 14 year old son is a bronie, he has a rainbow dash hoodie, I am watching mlp so we can talk about it as well, it's something we can do together which is nice since he is almost 15, and yes he is pretty proud of it.

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
Okay, taking pictures of your dogs while on a walk in the dead of winter.

How the HECK do you people do it? I took a few pictures from my iPhone of Seamus yesterday and my hands literally felt like they were about to freeze off. Yeah we're having a bit of a 'cold snap,' (as in it currently feels about -34 with the wind chill, haha) but still! I couldn't imagine using my actual camera! I can't even text and can barely change the song on my iPod when my hands are cold much less take awesome pictures. So much respect to the people that can (mostly Toller_08, jeez!). :p
I have running gloves that are super thin but super warm. Easy to use a camera with them& my phone because they have those fibres that let you still work touch screens with them on!

Lyzelle

Talked to my DM today about this work situation and I pretty much said I don't want to move. After BeAu said he didn't want to move, and it would be easier to move me. So. Complications.

One hand, we can't afford to have me moved and lose hours. On the other hand, he doesn't want to work at a different store. Which I say he might have to get over due to our personal situation. Either way it is out of our hands so all I can do is hope I don't lose/get cut on my job. As it is I don't work until after Wednesday at the least soooo.....sigh.

I don't know how to feel about it.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I've watched them all and I'm a 22 year old grown woman :rofl1:

Did you know there is a huge amount of adult males that love the show and claim that the show is "not a children's show" and that they are the demographic lol they are called Bronies.
Pegasisters, represent. ;)

I just watched the latest episode today, and seriously, who can't love a show for little girls that makes Mad Men ponies and grumpy cat cutie marks? C'MON.

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
my earbuds are, for some reason, magnetized. they are repelling each other and thats kind of freaky. a google search says its normal and its how they work to produce sound but iv had these earbuds for 6 months now and theyve never done this before today. are they safe to use? :eek:

Lyzelle

Life is interesting. Karma, itself, is more interesting.

Rhio has surrounded herself with "friends" who did nothing but try to destroy her relationship with BeAu by sleeping with him or general sexual behaviors. She dumped BeAu, we date exclusively, and yet I'm the one she hates. Karma, perhaps, is history repeating itself and she'll cheat on her brand new boyfriend of 2 months (who she wants to live with, marry, and have kids with NAO) and Brittany will come skipping along in another school girl outfit and drop to her knees before the caveman looking dude. But it's Britt she chose to be a best friend, and dumped me on my arse. It's an eyebrow raiser to consider in the grand scheme of life.

Like, maybe we are our own karma. And maybe really, really shitty things are actually okay.

BeAu treats me well because I treat him well. I treat him well because he treats me well. He wants to marry me and have kids, but I'm sorta meh. Not lack of want or desire, but I know things are eventually going to happen in whatever way they need to. I don't have to strive for it or try and prevent anything.

Life is life, right? So you just live it. Plan loosely, take chances when the opportunity presents itself. But otherwise, just live.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I'm sort of wildly attracted to this guy. Like okay not just sort of. If I were a different girl, NYE would have ended differently for us both, let us just say that.

But there's a big box. One big box. That isn't checked.

And I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Meanwhile there's a possibility brewing with this other guy who maybe doesn't check all the boxes either and I'm definitely not wildly attracted to him. Doesn't mean if I find out he DOES check all those boxes I won't find him wildly attractive.
But.

I kind of just want to not care about that one Big Unchecked Box.

Because he's hot. So hot.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I'm sort of wildly attracted to this guy. Like okay not just sort of. If I were a different girl, NYE would have ended differently for us both, let us just say that.

But there's a big box. One big box. That isn't checked.

And I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Meanwhile there's a possibility brewing with this other guy who maybe doesn't check all the boxes either and I'm definitely not wildly attracted to him. Doesn't mean if I find out he DOES check all those boxes I won't find him wildly attractive.
But.

I kind of just want to not care about that one Big Unchecked Box.

Because he's hot. So hot.
Screw the box and then screw him!!

I have a "sexy what if.." guy and it's the worst because he is now married. And he will FOREVER be sexy what if guy lol I mean, I'm sure it depends on the box and other circumstances but still....

sometimes in life you've gotta bang the hot guy.

...for america.
lol I dunno

noludoru

Bored Now.
Screw the box and then screw him!!

I have a "sexy what if.." guy and it's the worst because he is now married. And he will FOREVER be sexy what if guy lol I mean, I'm sure it depends on the box and other circumstances but still....

sometimes in life you've gotta bang the hot guy.

...for america.
lol I dunno
THIS.

Beanie, you need to get laid. Climb up him and ride him like a pony. If he's hot, you'll at least have a ton of fun and move on.

I take all of this back unless the box left unchecked is "straight." But you're so pretty that you might be able to turn someone straight, so who knows.

Paviche

Duuuuude.
I'm seriously considering seeking therapy.

I have a few reasons, but even thinking about it is a huge step for me. The last time I was in therapy, I was about 10, and it did no good because I didn't want to be there so I didn't cooperate at all. My memories of therapy all amount to "I hate this, why am I here, I hate talking to people."

So... we'll see where this goes, I guess. I have a metric ****ton of issues that I should probably try to work through, finally, instead of just vaguely dealing with it on my own.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
To Beanie: I don't know what the box is...but I may or may not have an idea, reading your posts. Only you can decide what is a deal breaker or not for you...but it doesn't make you a bad person for wanting to compromise on that Unchecked Box, or see if it will be a fit anyway. That's my advice and I'm sticking to it. :p

My own musing:

I realized what's been bothering me the past few days. I really feel like I'm in limbo right now. Like I'm just stuck here. I have no drive to accomplish anything, or put effort into furthering myself in my job because I'm about ready to pack up and leave and what's the point? Everything I want to start doing (house planning, classes with Abrams, furthering myself at work, having closer friendships with some people) just...makes no sense to do, because in a month or two I likely won't be here, and won't be back here for quite some time. Which kind of sucks.

But, I did realize last night that there are things I can be doing. Like loosing the weight I want to, and furthering Abrams stupid pet tricks repertoire. Which made me feel a lot better. I actually was in a good mood last night for once.

Members online

No members online now.