Ooops etiquette

K

Kaydee

:confused: I still feel guilty about this morning. We were at the park and Sophie was happily running with one of her poodley friends. The other owner is older and somewhat obese. The dogs ran past her chair and BAMMM Sophie hit the side of the woman's leg with her shoulder. Even a delicate healthy pitty is built like a linebacker. That had to hurt, I was so embarrassed, I said I'm sorry. The lady was too big to help out to her car. Thoughts?

CaliTerp07

I always figure it's a risk that comes with the territory. If you choose to hang out in the middle where dogs are running around, there's a chance you'll get slammed into.

Well Kaydee, I agree with Cali and Renee..I've been broadsided on more than one occasion, from the side, from behind, and stumbled over a smaller pack of dog park dogs. I too am not the smallest woman on the planet, and generally end up apologizing to the dog that smacked into me! There is nothing you could have done differently.

On the other hand, you could be in my shoes, and own Bernie. Beastly Bernie has a horrid habit of marking...can you see where this is going? He doesn't mark at home inside the house even with visiting dogs around, but outside.. yeah..it's probably best if you don't SIT on the ground in your white pants, in the middle of a fenced dog park in the middle of summer, or.... Bernie WILL mark you..and of course this was the time to lift his leg and pee a lake over the womans leg. Argggggggggggggg.. what is one to say? I was embarassed enough by this, and went over to apologize, and offer my water bottle to rinse off with, but the woman was decidedly miffed (No I don't blame her really.. much.. some.. what an idiot!!! LOL) but she proceeded to point to Bernie who'd happily run off with the other dogs, yelling.. "He peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed on me...can you believe that?" over and over.. I leashed my dog, and spent the rest of the time, avoiding all contact with humans, until my friend and her non marking dog were reading to go.

Members online

No members online now.