Lets talk babies

Romy

Taxiderpy
I was induced with my first....wish I hadnt allowed it as she wasnt ready. I did no epidural and made it 20+ hours before getting one (and then it was still another 10 before I had her...sigh). Induced labor is harder for sure but for me, I still did not want to add the risk of the epidural until I felt I absolutely had to.
Ouch! That is a long time. :( With mine there was a good chance we may have lost him if we let him go much longer. My body was totally ready to go so once active labor started he was born only half an hour later. The biggest difference I noticed was that there was no break between contractions like a normal labor. It just hurt really bad and I couldn't catch my breath. I can't imagine doing that for hours.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I was induced at 10 am. come three pm nothing was happening. not even contractions really. they kept turning it up a little more and a little more.

finally about 4 pm I was starting to feel some contractions. when 7 o clock came they were worse but nothing really terrible but still not much was going on. I decided then to get the epidural. I probably wasn't "ready" for the epidural as they say you should be dialated so much etc but whatever... I wanted it and nothing was going on.

I decided long before even getting pregnant that I was going to have an epidural LOL.

so I got it early on in labor. thank goodness I did :) who knows HOW long we would have been sitting there with nothing happening. Once I had the epidural they turned up the pitocin and things started happening... quickly.

it was probably about 8 by the time I got the epidural and the anesthesiologist was AWESOME. He told me before hand (when we met before labor) that they would only give me a small amount and give a little more or less as needed but they would only get me through until I was fully dilated and then there would be no more and the point was for it to wear off before I started pushing. it worked just as he intended. And he was really cool. He talked hockey with me the whole time they were doing the epidural and kept me really relaxed and at ease.

It did the trick. It took the contraction discomfort away but I could feel my feet (well one of them anyway lol) and move my legs without much problem. Things started happening then. I finally started dilate.

About 12:30 am the epidural wore off and I was just about ready. the pressure was tremendous but it wasn't so much pain by that point. The nurse held me off for a while and then had me do a test push and called the doc in right away. Shortly after 1 am the doc arrived and we got down to business....

18 minutes later hannah was born and soon after that I got up and walked myself to the bathroom lol.

so my personal experience with the epidural was a good and very effective one lol. I would do it again in a heartbeat (the epidural I mean LOL not nessecarily labor although mine was quite easy) I probably could have made it through without the epidural but... I didn't want to lol.

How else was I going to hang out on chaz the entire time lol

Like Romy... there wasn't much option about inducing Hannah. I mean I could have said no but that would have been at Hannah's peril. I also highly recommend the epidural lol for me the benefits outweighed any of the likely risks and luckily for me it worked out for the best.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
No kids yet here (enjoying my husband and dogs at the moment!), but we've had names kinda sorta picked out for a while.

Girl names: Marlie and Nora are two of our favorites.

Boy names: Ryland, Liam, and Parker are ones we like.

And I guess I'm not particular about a month. Preferably, I don't want to be late into pregnancy over the hot and humid Florida months.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
No kids yet here, but we've had names kinda sorta picked out for a while.

Girl names: Marlie and Nora are two of our favorites.

Boy names: Ryland, Liam, and Parker are ones we like.

And I guess I'm not particular about a month. Preferably, I don't want to be late into pregnancy over the hot and humid Florida months.
Parker is on my list of boy names too!

My favorite boy names: Oliver, Parker, Tristan, Harry, Tomas, Taylor, Charles, Daniel, Nathaniel, Carter, James, William, Luke, Asher,

Girls names: Primrose, Emma, Madeline, Charlotte, Taylor, Lily, Caroline, Penelope, Juliet, Lorelei, Ariel, Taylor, Annabeth

Month wise? lol no idea.

GipsyQueen

Parker is on my list of boy names too!

My favorite boy names: Oliver, Parker, Tristan, Harry, Tomas, Taylor, Charles, Daniel, Nathaniel, Carter, James, William, Luke, Asher,

Girls names: Primrose, Emma, Madeline, Charlotte, Taylor, Lily, Caroline, Penelope, Juliet, Lorelei, Ariel, Taylor, Annabeth

Month wise? lol no idea.
You seem to have narrowed your list down :p ;)

My second was planned homebirth. I labored at home for 18 hours and was not even to 2cm yet:/ (Hard active labor too...not counting the prelabor and small contractions) I did end up transferring to the hospital as I was totally wearing out. My plan was to get the epidural to have a break and then hopefully come back home or at least turn it off to deliver. I did dialate 5 cm in the car...THAT was fun lol. My water broke right when I was getting ready to leave too so I knew they would not let me go back home. I finally had him about 10 hours after arriving at the hospital, c-section.

Oh, and to clarify earlier...sometimes inductions are absolutely needed and necessary. HOwever, in the US right now, birth is out of control. Inductions and c-section rates are ridiculously high. It is something I think every woman should be very very aware of and know how to advocate on her own behalf. With my daughter for example, my water broke and no cotractions. My OB was ok with me waiting 8 hours or so which I did before going in and being induced. HOwever, I know that its common and safe (with proper safety measures) to go several days. But she was my first, I did not have a midwife, so I got induced when my body was not ready and it failed...ended c-section.

I get so frustrated too with all the convenience inductions. They really are a risk to both the baby AND the mother.

Now, I will say my recoveries after both surgeries were like night and day. With my daughter I was on the epidural AND pitocin for a LONG time. My body felt like it had been hit by a train after. It took a couple weeks before I could comfortably move and walk around etc. With my son, no pitocin and shorter/lighter epidural.....bounced back super quick and was going to the park, zoo, etc almost immediately after getting out (Which is not recommended I know lol)

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Dak , do you really want the lowdown ?

I could gush all day about the horro..........wonders of childbirth.
Oh I have seen horrible things, since 90% of my friends have kids anyways and my family is over following with them at the moment lol
I've seen that child birthing video, btw I watched it with my ex for sh!ts and giggles. He was in the Army, was a Med Lab Tech, and had been through 4 months of combat. And THAT made him weak at the knees and almost puke :lol-sign:

But sure, if you want to, tell me the lowdown lol.

Oh and yes, pitocin contractions are WAY different from normal contractions. WIth lilah, they were training each other...a real contraction would hit, as it just started to ease off, a pitocin contraction would hit. I had no break and it was horrible after awhile. I did it for a long time but then when I wasnt dilating, I was done lol.

WIth my son, well, somehow he ended up in a position where my sciatic nerve was going nuts. My hip/back felt like it was on fire the whole time and would "lock" up during contractions, The actual contractions I could handle, that sciatic issue is what pushed me into the hospital.

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
Caleb = With him I was at my weekly appointment and I was having contractions but not feeling them . Caleb was in the right position but every contraction sent his heart rate plummeting.
So sent me to the delivery floor.
Gave pictocin in IV and nothing happened. Checked cervix and I was not dilating. I was in a teaching hospital and had about a freaking million students hands up my wahooo being taught what an
unresponsive cervix feels like.
yup that was fun.
Then they did another round of pictocin and let everyone refeel all up in there. Cervix had actually went from 3 to 2 , so the little sticks of pain where inserted.
The doctor said they where called Luimnaries and would soften the cervix. He also said it wold not hurt , just some pressure. Well pressure felt like sharpened knitting needle being dug into my insides .
5 of them. come back in a hour and refeel up by everyone and nope still not dilating , all this time the contractions are going on but i still cant feel them , but caleb heart rate keeps dropping everytime AND
the little dude starts to roll . The RIP out the old luminaries and rejab my with % new ones and make me wait again. by this time I hurt so much INSIDE down there my dad said he heard my cursing
out the doctor from down the hall. I am laying there , stirruped legs spread in the air while they are rererechecking my cervix and I feel/watch Caleb.
It was the most revolting thing i have ever watched with my stomach stretching .
I had visions on an alien ripping out of me. By know 12 hours into the ordeal and I am fed up , the doctors are realizing caleb heart keeps getting weaker and weaker. So they decide to do an emergency c-section.
Go into get epidural and am hunched over grabbing the pillow and they insert the needle and I feel the drug go out the side of my spine , kinda hard to describe . they said i should feel pressure
going UP my spine, not to the right. So the epidural does not take because they did not hit the right spot.
I get another one and this time felt the right thing and from my boobs down I could not feel or move.
Okay they slice and dice me open , pull little man out butt first and let me kiss him then I start vomiting due to to much anethsethia in my system which makes the doctor leave an airpocket in me when the stapled me closed.
go home 3 days later with staples still in , 2 days after that I get an nasty green discharge comeing from my incision.
I go back to the hospital and yup I have a BAD infection and can not be sewn shut. I have to heal from the inside out. Which means bandage changes 2x's a day for 4 months. Horrible scar from it also.
I heal and all is good.

That was the horrid experiance , The other 2 pregnancies where wonderful compared to this.

Jacob was a panned c-section. Everything went according to plan and the only problem I had was not getting to eat breakfast before I went and checked into the hospital . It was only horrid because Chris HAD to stop in the hospital cafeteria to get something to eat and I had to sit there and watch him eat bacon.
The girls c-section was also planned and the only thing weird about is it the doc founf some galstones floating in the abdominel wall that must have fell out when they did my gallbladder removal. I was laying there feeling him tug and slice and dice pressure and all the sudden he says WTF! I freak out until he tell me all is good I just got rocks in the belly. LOL AND he almost lost a sponge in me , It was weird watching him stick his WHOLE arm inside me rooting around for the sponge.

WOW that is a lot of words , cookies to all whom read. I just get carried away someitmes. ;p;

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
You seem to have narrowed your list down :p ;)
Lol yup.. :rofl1: It's even worse considering I'm pretty sure I won't be having kids.. at least these names also transfer to pet names! hehe

Oh and reasons I will probably not be having kids personally (other than the whole fertility issue/not being ABLE to have them lol )

- World is over-populated.. I don't see the need.
- They are expensive
- The shift from husband/wife -> Mommy/daddy just doesn't appeal to me
- Birth. just. no.
- I like to Travel, internationally, a lot and sometimes at random. It's just not possible with kids most of the time.
- Spend as much on my hobbies/shopping/pets with no regret lol
- I am pretty OCD about things being clean/being in-order
- Diapers. yuck.
- I like to sleep. Sleep in, sleep late, sleep through the night lol
- I kind of like my body the way it is..
- Free time
- All the health issues/behavioral issues kids can have.. that really scares me. So many things can go wrong!
- I can pursue my career 100% and be able to move around and follow it wherever it takes me,however many hours it takes me.
- A lot easier keeping the romance in the relationship when you have all that extra free time/money/privacy IMO
- I can decorate any way that I please without worrying about child-proofing/break ables.
- I will have the extra time and energy to exercise regularly and take care of my outward appearance... no matter how long it takes lol not saying parents don't do this.. but yea, it's not going to be as high a priority when you have kids and I like that I CAN without feeling bad take all that time to just focus on something as relatively unimportant as outward appearance.
- Not have to worry about driving a car/getting a car that fits children/car seats
- Can keep the city lifestyle I so love including the apartment/condo without worrying about extra bedrooms, school systems, etc..
- Quiet. Peace and quiet.
- I don't like touching snot, poop, pee and other grossities.
- I'm not very patient with tantrums/screaming/misbehaving children.. they make me want to scream and break things.
- Date nights/going out without worrying about babysitters/bringing the kid along.
- I tend to like restaurants that aren't child friendly
- The idea of ever getting divorced (which is common especially with the stress that kids bring on) and having to deal with bouncing kids back/forth and raising a child by myself
- Being able to do things one wouldn't normally do in a home with a child. Like have sex on the kitchen table. or walk around in my undies lol
- Not have to worry about being a role model all the time.
- I am a planner. It's what I do. I know I would never ever take the plunge unless I am 100% prepared, like, that kid will pop out of the womb with the best of everything, best schools paid for, college fund in place, perfect schedule.. and it's impossible to be 100% prepared, with so many things that can go wrong I know I will probably never feel ready enough to be like "ok lets do this!"

-But more than anything.. that bond just isn't there. People always say things like "Oh it's different when it's yours" but honestly, I am not willing to take that chance. What if it isn't? What if I resent this kid? I don't like children in general.

I like playing with some kids, I like reading to some kids.. but that isn't enough for me to be like "OH IM SUCH A KID PERSON I SHOULD HAVE SOME!"

Even if there is only a 0.00000001% chance that I will have this kid and feel regrets and resent having a child because I now can't do something I want to do, then no. It's not worth it to me. and not fair to the kid.

I've met kids whose parents don't want them/whose parents were pressured into having them and it's just..sad. for everyone involved.

Reasons I would consider it..

- The Jcrew kids catalog is really cute
- If my significant other REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted one and we could afford a good nanny, private schooling and be able to start a college fund for him/her (and yes, this is adeal breaker.)
- They are really cute when they are asleep
- Taking them to Disney
- Reading Story books to them
- Of course the curious side of me would totally be like "I wonder what our kids would look like.."

Obviously.. the lists aren't even enough for me to even put having kids into consideration.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Caleb = With him I was at my weekly appointment and I was having contractions but not feeling them . Caleb was in the right position but every contraction sent his heart rate plummeting.
So sent me to the delivery floor.
Gave pictocin in IV and nothing happened. Checked cervix and I was not dilating. I was in a teaching hospital and had about a freaking million students hands up my wahooo being taught what an
unresponsive cervix feels like.
yup that was fun.
Then they did another round of pictocin and let everyone refeel all up in there. Cervix had actually went from 3 to 2 , so the little sticks of pain where inserted.
The doctor said they where called Luimnaries and would soften the cervix. He also said it wold not hurt , just some pressure. Well pressure felt like sharpened knitting needle being dug into my insides .
5 of them. come back in a hour and refeel up by everyone and nope still not dilating , all this time the contractions are going on but i still cant feel them , but caleb heart rate keeps dropping everytime AND
the little dude starts to roll . The RIP out the old luminaries and rejab my with % new ones and make me wait again. by this time I hurt so much INSIDE down there my dad said he heard my cursing
out the doctor from down the hall. I am laying there , stirruped legs spread in the air while they are rererechecking my cervix and I feel/watch Caleb.
It was the most revolting thing i have ever watched with my stomach stretching .
I had visions on an alien ripping out of me. By know 12 hours into the ordeal and I am fed up , the doctors are realizing caleb heart keeps getting weaker and weaker. So they decide to do an emergency c-section.
Go into get epidural and am hunched over grabbing the pillow and they insert the needle and I feel the drug go out the side of my spine , kinda hard to describe . they said i should feel pressure
going UP my spine, not to the right. So the epidural does not take because they did not hit the right spot.
I get another one and this time felt the right thing and from my boobs down I could not feel or move.
Okay they slice and dice me open , pull little man out butt first and let me kiss him then I start vomiting due to to much anethsethia in my system which makes the doctor leave an airpocket in me when the stapled me closed.
go home 3 days later with staples still in , 2 days after that I get an nasty green discharge comeing from my incision.
I go back to the hospital and yup I have a BAD infection and can not be sewn shut. I have to heal from the inside out. Which means bandage changes 2x's a day for 4 months. Horrible scar from it also.
I heal and all is good.

That was the horrid experiance , The other 2 pregnancies where wonderful compared to this.

Jacob was a panned c-section. Everything went according to plan and the only problem I had was not getting to eat breakfast before I went and checked into the hospital . It was only horrid because Chris HAD to stop in the hospital cafeteria to get something to eat and I had to sit there and watch him eat bacon.
The girls c-section was also planned and the only thing weird about is it the doc founf some galstones floating in the abdominel wall that must have fell out when they did my gallbladder removal. I was laying there feeling him tug and slice and dice pressure and all the sudden he says WTF! I freak out until he tell me all is good I just got rocks in the belly. LOL AND he almost lost a sponge in me , It was weird watching him stick his WHOLE arm inside me rooting around for the sponge.

WOW that is a lot of words , cookies to all whom read. I just get carried away someitmes. ;p;
Oh goodness that is a horrid experience. But I feel it was so worth it. <3
Now give me my cookie lol

Lol yup.. :rofl1: It's even worse considering I'm pretty sure I won't be having kids.. at least these names also transfer to pet names! hehe

Oh and reasons I will probably not be having kids personally (other than the whole fertility issue/not being ABLE to have them lol )

- They are expensive
- Birth. just. no.
- I like to Travel, internationally, a lot and sometimes at random. It's just not possible with kids most of the time.
- Diapers. yuck.
- Free time
- All the health issues/behavioral issues kids can have.. that really scares me. So many things can go wrong!
- I can pursue my career 100% and be able to move around and follow it wherever it takes me,however many hours it takes me.
- A lot easier keeping the romance in the relationship when you have all that extra free time/money/privacy IMO
- I can decorate any way that I please without worrying about child-proofing/break ables.
- I will have the extra time and energy to exercise regularly and take care of my outward appearance... no matter how long it takes lol not saying parents don't do this.. but yea, it's not going to be as high a priority when you have kids and I like that I CAN without feeling bad take all that time to just focus on something as relatively unimportant as outward appearance.
- Not have to worry about driving a car/getting a car that fits children/car seats
- Can keep the city lifestyle I so love including the apartment/condo without worrying about extra bedrooms, school systems, etc..
- I'm not very patient with tantrums/screaming/misbehaving children.. they make me want to scream and break things.
- Date nights/going out without worrying about babysitters/bringing the kid along.
- The idea of ever getting divorced (which is common especially with the stress that kids bring on) and having to deal with bouncing kids back/forth and raising a child by myself
- Being able to do things one wouldn't normally do in a home with a child. Like have sex on the kitchen table. or walk around in my undies lol
- I am a planner. It's what I do. I know I would never ever take the plunge unless I am 100% prepared, like, that kid will pop out of the womb with the best of everything, best schools paid for, college fund in place, perfect schedule.. and it's impossible to be 100% prepared, with so many things that can go wrong I know I will probably never feel ready enough to be like "ok lets do this!"

-But more than anything.. that bond just isn't there. People always say things like "Oh it's different when it's yours" but honestly, I am not willing to take that chance. What if it isn't? What if I resent this kid? I don't like children in general.

I like playing with some kids, I like reading to some kids.. but that isn't enough for me to be like "OH IM SUCH A KID PERSON I SHOULD HAVE SOME!"

Even if there is only a 0.00000001% chance that I will have this kid and feel regrets and resent having a child because I now can't do something I want to do, then no. It's not worth it to me. and not fair to the kid.

I've met kids whose parents don't want them/whose parents were pressured into having them and it's just..sad. for everyone involved.

Reasons I would consider it..

- The Jcrew kids catalog is really cute
- If my significant other REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted one and we could afford a good nanny, private schooling and be able to start a college fund for him/her (and yes, this is adeal breaker.)
- They are really cute when they are asleep
- Taking them to Disney
- Reading Story books to them
- Of course the curious side of me would totally be like "I wonder what our kids would look like.."

Obviously.. the lists aren't even enough for me to even put having kids into consideration.
See mostly all the things you don't like about having kids, I do lol.

I've never really had "free" time. I don't like being alone. I have never had anything that I wanted to do by myself. I've always wanted to stuff with other people. I've always thought ahead and thought "Oh I would love to do this with my husband and kids". But that is just me. I like it that way, personally.

- They are expensive
- Birth. just. no.
- Diapers. yuck.

- Free time

Most of these (the bolded ones) are my reasons for not having kids, too. The biggest one is the last one.

Miakoda

Pregnancy was definitely interesting. I was NOT one of those women who flounced around and glowed. I was the one who felt like she had a constant hangover; who threw up at least 5 times a day and 2 times during the night (yes, I literally woke up from a dead sleep and had to vomit); who lived with a headache; who sweat like nobody's business.

Cole: Totally not a "normal" pregnancy. I was sick from day 1. I threw up multiple times every single day including delivery day. I lived on a Phenergan and Zofran diet. I lost weight. I gained 20 lbs in fluid weight in the last month. Yes, I had sooo much edema that fluid was actually seeping out of the skin on my lower legs. It was....oogie. I went in for a scheduled doctor's appointment about a month before my due date (since he was a fertility baby, we knew the date of conception). I was sent directly to the hospital and did not get to pass go or collect $200. I was immediately stripped nekkid (I'm beyond a modest prude), hooked up to monitors, started up on fluids because I was severely dehydrated, and started on Magnesium (which has the lovely side effect of flu-like symtpoms). I was on strict bed rest, and only gained actual get-to-go-to-the-bathroom privileges if I swore to call in a nurse to assist (otherwise, it was a bedpan....which I don't do). I was told to get used to my new "home" for at least the next 3 weeks. I had to arrange a kennel to get dogs into as well as call friends who help home them temporarily. I had lovely visits with my doc, with neonatologists, with pretty much everyone who thought they might be needed. I got my first steroid shot in order to help develop Cole's lungs. My BP was around 145/100. And climbing.

4 days, 1 seizure, no amniotic fluid, a failing liver and kidneys, and a BP of 222/119 later, Cole was delivered via emergency c-section at 7:47 pm on Thursday, June 15th. I remember that I was going through the double doors of the OR at precisely 7:30, and that Cole was being handed to the NICU team at 7:47. Somewhere in that time, the anesthesiologist gave me the spinal with no problems, the doc kept poking me to see if I still had feeling, and at the moment I said, "A little, but not much", she started cutting. I knew they had to get him out, so that made it ok. I actually watched the entire thing via a mirror abov me. Fascinating!

Cole spent 14 days in the NICU and special care, and I've not regretted a thing. :)

Carson: Same type of pregnancy, different doctor. I threw up. I puked. I vomited. I lost 16 lbs, and only gained 7 back. Because of the horrid MRSA infection from the first c-section (and an allergy to the sutures which caused even the internal ones to pop out through my skin....yes, I was a walking horror flick), I had a scheduled c-section to deliver Carson and try and not do any more damage to my uterus and possibly repair some of the damage (well, that's what she was supposed to have done...found out in the 3rd delivery she didn't do that). I went exactly 7 days before his due date. The anesthesiologist missed his mark numerous times, yelled at me because my body involuntarily jumped thanks to him ramming the nerves in my back with his needle, and overall gave me a case to report him. By that time, I was in tears and begging them to bring in a different anesthesiologist or just do the c-section sans the spinal (trust me, cutting me open couldn't have hurt near as bad as the pain that guy was doing in my spine). Carson was born at 9:11 on Tuesday, May 22nd. He looked around, screamed, and hit the nurse repeatedly with his fists. That's meh boy!

Cooper: Well, same ol' pregnancy, and a new doctor. I puked, I vomited, and I threw up my insides every single day while pregnant. I ended up losing 21 lbs, and gained back 10. Had the pleasure of nerve pain with this pregnancy. Starting around the 4th month, my sciatic nerve was being used as a trampoline (or so it felt). I thought it was the worst pain ever. That is, until Coope decided to want to be carried so low that he was using my pelvic nerve as a hammock. Wanna know what that felt like? Like someone took a serrated knife and rammed it up your hooha. Repeatedly. I couldn't even stand up straight to walk. I tried to figure out if holding your crotch in public was really that taboo. I was constantly dehydrated and had my usual visits to the hospital for fluids (did this with all 3). Then preeclampsia decided to visit again. I had a normal doctor's appointment, I was admitted for fluids, and then found myself in a room thanks to protein in the urine and an increasing BP (did I mention that it took 5 liters of fluid before I ever felt the need to pee?). The next morning, my liver values were b-a-d and my kidneys were starting to not function properly. My BP was 155/105, so at 11:13 on Wednesday, March 4th, Cooper was born. Well, they tried to pull him out, except he did a the ol' fliperaoo on them and went back in head first. Then 4 arms reached in and pulled him out pronto, but he had already swallowed amniotic fluid (I didn't even get to hold him for the first 3 days! He was one sick baby. He spent 5 days in the NICU before getting to come home.) After Cooper was born, the doc went to work on my innards. The MRSA infection did a helluva lot of damage, and the 2nd doc, who delivered Carson, just added to it (this doc was PISSED because he was not expecting so much damage....it took them 30 minutes just to cut through scar tissue to get to Cooper!). I was in surgery 1 hr. 40 min. with him removing damaged/scarred tissue and finishing off with a tubal ligation.

Did I mention that being pregnant and feeling your baby kick you and move around is awesome? And that feeling your baby push back when you push on your stomach is the coolest thing in the world? :D

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Pregnancy was definitely interesting. I was NOT one of those women who flounced around and glowed. I was the one who felt like she had a constant hangover; who threw up at least 5 times a day and 2 times during the night (yes, I literally woke up from a dead sleep and had to vomit); who lived with a headache; who sweat like nobody's business.

Cole: Totally not a "normal" pregnancy. I was sick from day 1. I threw up multiple times every single day including delivery day. I lived on a Phenergan and Zofran diet. I lost weight. I gained 20 lbs in fluid weight in the last month. Yes, I had sooo much edema that fluid was actually seeping out of the skin on my lower legs. It was....oogie. I went in for a scheduled doctor's appointment about a month before my due date (since he was a fertility baby, we knew the date of conception). I was sent directly to the hospital and did not get to pass go or collect $200. I was immediately stripped nekkid (I'm beyond a modest prude), hooked up to monitors, started up on fluids because I was severely dehydrated, and started on Magnesium (which has the lovely side effect of flu-like symtpoms). I was on strict bed rest, and only gained actual get-to-go-to-the-bathroom privileges if I swore to call in a nurse to assist (otherwise, it was a bedpan....which I don't do). I was told to get used to my new "home" for at least the next 3 weeks. I had to arrange a kennel to get dogs into as well as call friends who help home them temporarily. I had lovely visits with my doc, with neonatologists, with pretty much everyone who thought they might be needed. I got my first steroid shot in order to help develop Cole's lungs. My BP was around 145/100. And climbing.

4 days, 1 seizure, no amniotic fluid, a failing liver and kidneys, and a BP of 222/119 later, Cole was delivered via emergency c-section at 7:47 pm on Thursday, June 15th. I remember that I was going through the double doors of the OR at precisely 7:30, and that Cole was being handed to the NICU team at 7:47. Somewhere in that time, the anesthesiologist gave me the spinal with no problems, the doc kept poking me to see if I still had feeling, and at the moment I said, "A little, but not much", she started cutting. I knew they had to get him out, so that made it ok. I actually watched the entire thing via a mirror abov me. Fascinating!

Cole spent 14 days in the NICU and special care, and I've not regretted a thing. :)

Carson: Same type of pregnancy, different doctor. I threw up. I puked. I vomited. I lost 16 lbs, and only gained 7 back. Because of the horrid MRSA infection from the first c-section (and an allergy to the sutures which caused even the internal ones to pop out through my skin....yes, I was a walking horror flick), I had a scheduled c-section to deliver Carson and try and not do any more damage to my uterus and possibly repair some of the damage (well, that's what she was supposed to have done...found out in the 3rd delivery she didn't do that). I went exactly 7 days before his due date. The anesthesiologist missed his mark numerous times, yelled at me because my body involuntarily jumped thanks to him ramming the nerves in my back with his needle, and overall gave me a case to report him. By that time, I was in tears and begging them to bring in a different anesthesiologist or just do the c-section sans the spinal (trust me, cutting me open couldn't have hurt near as bad as the pain that guy was doing in my spine). Carson was born at 9:11 on Tuesday, May 22nd. He looked around, screamed, and hit the nurse repeatedly with his fists. That's meh boy!

Cooper: Well, same ol' pregnancy, and a new doctor. I puked, I vomited, and I threw up my insides every single day while pregnant. I ended up losing 21 lbs, and gained back 10. Had the pleasure of nerve pain with this pregnancy. Starting around the 4th month, my sciatic nerve was being used as a trampoline (or so it felt). I thought it was the worst pain ever. That is, until Coope decided to want to be carried so low that he was using my pelvic nerve as a hammock. Wanna know what that felt like? Like someone took a serrated knife and rammed it up your hooha. Repeatedly. I couldn't even stand up straight to walk. I tried to figure out if holding your crotch in public was really that taboo. I was constantly dehydrated and had my usual visits to the hospital for fluids (did this with all 3). Then preeclampsia decided to visit again. I had a normal doctor's appointment, I was admitted for fluids, and then found myself in a room thanks to protein in the urine and an increasing BP (did I mention that it took 5 liters of fluid before I ever felt the need to pee?). The next morning, my liver values were b-a-d and my kidneys were starting to not function properly. My BP was 155/105, so at 11:13 on Wednesday, March 4th, Cooper was born. Well, they tried to pull him out, except he did a the ol' fliperaoo on them and went back in head first. Then 4 arms reached in and pulled him out pronto, but he had already swallowed amniotic fluid (I didn't even get to hold him for the first 3 days! He was one sick baby. He spent 5 days in the NICU before getting to come home.) After Cooper was born, the doc went to work on my innards. The MRSA infection did a helluva lot of damage, and the 2nd doc, who delivered Carson, just added to it (this doc was PISSED because he was not expecting so much damage....it took them 30 minutes just to cut through scar tissue to get to Cooper!). I was in surgery 1 hr. 40 min. with him removing damaged/scarred tissue and finishing off with a tubal ligation.

Did I mention that being pregnant and feeling your baby kick you and move around is awesome? And that feeling your baby push back when you push on your stomach is the coolest thing in the world? :D
Oh my... bless your soul for you having difficult pregnancies. I feel as if I need to give you a hug lol

And the last part, everyone says that and that to me, not even being pregnant, makes me all gitty inside :lol-sign:

I am in no way naive to the fact that everyone's pregnancy is different and some have great pregnancies and others don't. I also am not naive to the fact that my child could have something wrong with him/her whether it is mental or physical. But I know this, and it doesn't change the way I feel about having kids.
I could be like you, Staci, and puke my whole pregnancy & pee every 5 minutes or not puke my whole pregnancy, and either way, I wouldn't care (well I would, but yall get it).

I don't even understand what "me time" is or what doing something by yourself even means. I have never been like that. So having a kid, just makes my life more fun. I LOVE going to the zoo & the park with TJ's brother's little girl. Omg I feel like I am 5 again lol.

But anyways, I love hearing about different experiences, it makes me so happy to know people have already been through this and that if I need someone, I will have someone to talk to :)

SarahHound

I don't want kids as I just don't like them. I hate the thought of childbirth, hate nappies, vomit, smells, drools down faces, food on faces and I'm really rather selfish. :p I also have no patience and I don't think I would be able to cope with a baby without hitting it! God knows I've wanted to with some kids I have met. Therefore, its easier not to have one.

I don't want kids as I just don't like them. I hate the thought of childbirth, hate nappies, vomit, smells, drools down faces, food on faces and I'm really rather selfish. :p I also have no patience and I don't think I would be able to cope with a baby without hitting it! God knows I've wanted to with some kids I have met. Therefore, its easier not to have one.
Hehe,except for the hitting part you explained me:)

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
I haven't 100% decided if I want kids or not. Some days I do, some days I don't... good thing is I have quite a while to think about it because I'm not married (and not planning on marrying anytime soon). Right now I'm focused on my education :p

I have an obsession with names and I *love* thinking and choosing names out :D

Boys:
-Isaiah Carter
-Amos Timothy
-Parker Blayne
-Tristan Matthew
-Anderson Hosea
-Josiah James/Gage

Girls (have more, but just using my absolute favorites!):
-Aubrey Noelle (<3)
-Harper Lillian or Lillian Harper (after my grandma)
-Oliva Shiloh (in Hebrew Shiloh means "peace, abundance, His gift")
-Breanna Hagar
-Presley Selah (I'm still not sold on Presley, but I love Selah as a middle name and haven't thought of anything else)
-Everlee/Everleigh Hope
-Johanna Grace
-Shaohannah Joy

Oh and Zipporah, which is from the Bible, that I've always loved. I just don't know what in the world I would use as a first name LOL

I don't really have a preference on boy or girl... :p Not really concerned about month either, I'm sure that will change when I have a baby (a long time from now, lol)

Members online

No members online now.