Ontario mini meet up at an all breed funday

Dekka

Just try me..
Right I forgot about the no food (timers/scribes can't leave while a ring is running. The same ring MUST have the same timer/scribe for the entire day) by the time our ring ended. You would think they would have ordered enough, or at least saved some for the people in the ring that is still running. Erg 7 am till 6 ish is a long time to go with no food. /vent

Most regular trials feed volunteers very well. Acton trials have ooooodles of food lol. Maybe she needs to be part of running the Ont regionals.

Dekka

Just try me..
Kathryne would make sure we were fed healthy food, Sandy would make sure we had loads of variety and junk lol.

LOL back on Topic, I will figure out when ppl should arrive. Once again if anyone needs to stay I have spots!

B

Blue_Dog

[/offtopic]
Ok avoid the position of timer/scribe at all costs, heh. Well now I'm nervous. They were advertising it at my school and I jumped at the chance since it sounded like a cool opportunity (never been to a dog sport event of any kind). They said they really needed people for the 'ring crew' position, so I e-mailed back saying that I was available for the times that they needed the ring crew. I don't know a lot about agility so I have been doing some reading, it seems that the 'ring crew' means different things for different groups. Any tips?

Dekka

Just try me..
Actually I LOVE timing. Ring crew means you will set jump heights, straighten the chute etc.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I did ring crew when I volunteered. Essentially, you sit on a chair in the ring and after each run you fix the obstacles you were assigned (straighten chute, replace knocked jumps, raise height of jumps/tire)

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
[/offtopic]
Ok avoid the position of timer/scribe at all costs, heh. Well now I'm nervous. They were advertising it at my school and I jumped at the chance since it sounded like a cool opportunity (never been to a dog sport event of any kind). They said they really needed people for the 'ring crew' position, so I e-mailed back saying that I was available for the times that they needed the ring crew. I don't know a lot about agility so I have been doing some reading, it seems that the 'ring crew' means different things for different groups. Any tips?
No worries. If you are a newb, timer, gate keeper and scribe aren't things they'll have you do. They try to get experienced people as you can't really ask Qs while doing it. You likely will be reseting jumps and changing their height ;)

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
Miracle of miracles, not only am I off work and available, but I HAVE MY CAR! Sierra and I are in!

Dekka will you have a spot where Sierra's crate can crash like last time? Otherwise I'll just set it up in the bug and leave it open. She might need some away from other dogs time.

YAY FUN!

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
Oh Crappity crap crap.

I just remembered that's the day I agreed to cover a shift for one of my co-workers. Now I'm annoyed. I hardly ever agree to work Saturdays!

I'm going to see if someone else will cover it. It's times like this I didn't wish we had such a teeny tiny staff.

Dekka

Just try me..
Tell them they have to work for you... Sierra NEEDS to LC. Its not every day she gets a chance...

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
Very cool!

Dekka - Glad to hear it! I wasn't sure if you were still planning on going after Dekka's injury. I'll have to make my mom come with me - she really likes Whippets and has been curious about the LH ones for awhile. I've shown her Bounce pictures a few times so it'll be neat to meet her in person!

Dekka

Just try me..
Cool! Dekka is staying home though. SHe is not to be be over excited and have her blood pressure raised (so says the vet).

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
It was fun. Smudge is passed out on the floor even though my family is eating dinner and he's a food hound. He's that tired.

Sitstay and her Mom came. They were awesome, and so was Quinn :)

Got to See Snip, along with Dekka's usual crew.

Dekka

Just try me..
Quin is sooo pretty IRL. Sitstay and her mom are really nice. English shepherds seem to LOVE lure corsing lol. To bad you couldn't make it it was really fun.

I have pics and will post them in a bit.

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
It was so nice meeting you both, as well as all the Chaz dogs!

Quinn had such a good time lure coursing. I couldn't believe she was actually barking she was so excited - I've never heard more of a "ruff" out of her when she hears coyotes. By that second time she knew what was coming and was super excited to get out there.

LOL Kerri I'm happy my mom got my meet Bounce! She's loved Whippets for ages and we've talked about them as a dog for her in the near future, so it was very nice for her to be able to see Bounce both in action and just snuggling. She was SUCH a sweetie.

Members online

No members online now.