How do you handle the final week before puppy arrival?

hey_jude

Ahhh I can't handle it!! Jonah will be here in exactly a week and a half and I'm starting to feel that impatient, frantic feeling of I don't know how I'm going to make it through the final 10 days without losing my mind.

Why couldn't I just go to a darn BYB breeder who gives their puppies away at 6 weeks?? ;)

RD

Are you dead yet?
You busy yourself with whatever you possibly can! I legitimately crocheted a puppy blanket, I was so jittery.

When I got Eve I was on pins and needles after 6 weeks of age when I found out which puppy was mine. I couldn't stand it!

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I didn't have a week before Izzie came home... She came home the next evening! I did buy A LOT of stuff when she came home though.

elegy

overdogged
i feel your pain! two more days and my belly is in knots! i need to clean all the things and pick up all the stray toys and bones, get her crate out of the box and find a blanket for it.

patience is a virtue, just not one of mine.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I didn't know when I was gettng Juno because the breeder thought she might need to stay an extra week or so. But we got a call one morning that said we could get her at our original date--which happened to be that night. So I was very frantic getting the crate set up, getting blankets, filling a Kong, getting her toys out.... and then I went into panic mode wondering what I was getting myself into.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I'm doing what CP did - enjoying our calm house. nice routine, easy dogs before the storm that is a malinois puppy arrives. ;)

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
I know how hard it is!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for you to get him either. ;)

It was really hard waiting for Violet, but it passed quicker than I thought it would, and now I have her. <3 She's biting my feet as I type this. Ahhh, puppies. :)

JacksonsMom

Eeeek! You must be SO excited!

I did not get Jackson from a good breeder so I just saw him online, contacted the girl, and went to her house a week later and picked up my little munchkin. So I did have about a week to wait (I think it was more like 5 days) and I remember just going to Petsmart and going crazy on buying things, and being nervous like am I sure I am doing the right thing by getting a dog?

But good luck with Jonah, I cannot wait to watch him grow up here on chaz. :)

Paige

Let it be
I've never had to wait for a pup before but I doubt I'd even get all worked up. I'm creepishly relaxed in those kinds of situations.

lizzybeth727

Enjoying free time and sanity because I knew I wouldn't have those any more. :)
^^^^That.

I'm creepishly relaxed in these situations too, but I did get all jittery every time I went to buy him more supplies. I think it was mostly because I didn't really know what he'd like, and I was worried about getting the wrong thing.

It was funny, I'd been training puppy owners for many years and get the same questions over and over.... But when it was time for MY puppy, I was frantically asking my trainer-friends the exact same questions!

hey_jude

Haha thanks guys!!! :) Ahhhh I'm so excited!!! only 9 days when I wake up in the morning ;) I know that once we get to next tuesday, and its down to only 6 days, i'll be going insane.

Good point about appreciating the peace without a puppy- haha that's actually helping me! Sometimes I forget what a pain Jude was.

Members online

No members online now.