The Venting Thread

Zoom

Twin 2.0
They gave our usual table at the bar for the Bears game, so now we're stuck in the corner with no good view of the TVs, by the doors so it's freezing and the server for this section sucks. I've been waiting 20 minutes to get a cup of coffee and it's not busy. /firstworldproblems

noludoru

Bored Now.
They gave our usual table at the bar for the Bears game, so now we're stuck in the corner with no good view of the TVs, by the doors so it's freezing and the server for this section sucks. I've been waiting 20 minutes to get a cup of coffee and it's not busy. /firstworldproblems
Ew. You at least have a seat, though..

Lyzelle

Yesterday was supposed to be a good day off. Sleep in, go to IHOP, spend the night playing with Zane and the new PS4.

Store Manager gets fired by new District Manager. A week before Black Friday. Puts the ASM as SM-D. The one person who always screws up the money, doesn't have reliable transportation, leaves early, and never does any work is our Store Manager Designate. The week of Black Friday. Ughhh.

Friend of ours calls/texts asking to go out. We say no and ignore future calls/texts. Everyone was plenty clear on how we wanted to spend our day off. So he comes over unannounced. Just walks in the door. Annoying, but we try to deal with it because our roommates seem okay with it.

Go outside to smoke and somehow we get on the subjects of gays, dog breeding, and religion. This guy (some here know him as Sibe Guy who Zane HATES) says gays are abominations and makes jokes about his guns. He knows I am Bi, no questions asked. Makes it a point of his religion, and I openly roll my eyes at this point. He chastised me.

Manage to steer the topic away (I am already fuming), and mention how I want a Sibe pup in the future. He goes on a rant (we have had this discussion a million times before) about how I should have never neutered Zander and it was a huge mistake and he always wanted to breed a red and his last litter got him $3000 at six weeks...etc, etc. He isn't even kidding around with me to push my buttons. He is serious.

So we go upstairs because I had enough at this point. Everyone else goes to bed. He is still sitting downstairs. So he just. OPENS. our stair door. Doesn't knock, doesn't yell, just starts opening doors. Finally get him to leave.

Went to bed livid. Woke up pissed. Pretty sure he is going back on house ban.

AliciaD

On second thought...
Go outside to smoke and somehow we get on the subjects of gays, dog breeding, and religion. This guy (some here know him as Sibe Guy who Zane HATES) says gays are abominations and makes jokes about his guns. He knows I am Bi, no questions asked. Makes it a point of his religion, and I openly roll my eyes at this point. He chastised me.
I'm really sorry you were forced to go through that. :(

Grab

I'm working my Tuesday off to cover for someone. It's handy, I suppose, because I won't have to use a vacation day to cover the hours I'd be missing by our being closed on Friday, but bleh.

Also, Brooks seems to have icky ears. Probably my fault as he had fine ears but then I plucked the hair out a few weeks ago (they were sooo hairy...a literal fist full of hair ) However, as it is a holiday week, I don't know that we have any large cages for him to hang out in until I could take him home at lunch. I could put him in an outside kennel, but lord knows he'd find a way to stab himself on a piece of chain link or something.. I think I have some Otomax hanging around the house, but I hate to use gross ointment if it's actually just wax or dirt or something..

Dogs6

Plus One
I got a new job today. Should be in the good news section, no?

I hate it. Completely and utterly hate it. Also it sounds like I'm going to get cheated on my wages (still making more than my other job). I wouldn't even have accepted it except for the fact that I was surprised 2 hours into my trial when he asked me in front of everyone. I was there 10 hours and never got a break or anything to eat (I'm working in a restaurant). Also my my mum bragged about it at my old job (who didn't know I was going for this trial) so I might not be able to get back there. I'm completely dreading going back on Wednesday. I'm going to be that person. I'm pretty sure I'm going to quit and try and get my old job back.

Also when I got home (hours later than I was supposed to) I found out that I forgot to lock the tackroom. Luckily nothing was taken but that could have cost me my job if my boss found out. And one of the horses jumped out of the field and I found her in my neighbours garden. This is after I was woken at 3am last night by the same horse trotting past my house!! Thought I had fixed the fence. Clearly not.

So confused, upset and annoyed right now! And tired. Very tired.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Why is it when I DON'T want anybody chiming in about a decision I've made, everybody wants to make it a big fight - and yet when I ask for input on a decision, nobody wants to help? Seriously.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I think I win for stupidest way to injure yourself- I stepped on a razor blade and got it stuck in my foot! :yikes: It is bleeding everywhere! It's not too too deep but an inch or so long.... should I worry about tetanus?

Tortilla

Blonde Raccoon
I think I win for stupidest way to injure yourself- I stepped on a razor blade and got it stuck in my foot! :yikes: It is bleeding everywhere! It's not too too deep but an inch or so long.... should I worry about tetanus?
OMG OUCH.

I have two major assignments due this week and I just can't stop procrastinating. :(

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I got dumped, so there's that.

My thanksgiving break is going awesome, I get to smile and pretend to be enjoying myself with family in sunny florida all while dealing with this.

It was for good reasons, I understood, I couldn't handle a re-enlistment, his new job, a 12 month tour with no communication..The distance felt like having a relationship with a phone.

I get it.
but it hurts like hell.

:(

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator

My thanksgiving break is going awesome, I get to smile and pretend to be enjoying myself with family in sunny florida all while dealing with this.

It was for good reasons, I understood, I couldn't handle a re-enlistment, his new job, a 12 month tour with no communication..The distance felt like having a relationship with a phone.

I get it.
but it hurts like hell.

*$(@. I'm sorry.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

I get it.
but it hurts like hell.

Oh, I'm so sorry. :(

I know I wouldn't be able to handle it if Michael said he wanted to be career military. I'm actually impressed with how I've been able to handle him being gone, but I know my limits. And that is with the future benefits of being married - can't even imagine doing this service term if I wasn't going to be legally tied to him, because right now, as far as the military is concerned, I don't exist as a factor in Michael's life.

Members online

No members online now.