So. I found this last night.

My Kryptonite: A wee brown tabby girl. Some kind strangers helped me catch her... thank goodness, because it got really cold overnight.

Not sure if she will stay permanently or not. She's still pretty skittish, and if she stays really shy this frankly probably isn't a good household for her. But if that's the way the cookie crumbles, she can at least stay until more suitable accommodations are found. If she ends up pretty chill I'll probably just keep her.

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
What a cute little kitty...

I am partial to tabbies as well.

Our Autumn is a little tabby...we call her the ghost kitty because no one but us ever gets to see her ;) All our friends are beginning to think that our cat is imaginary.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
It's almost Halloween...you already have a Squash...mebe she's a Pumpkin?

I do so love food names.

Here's tonight. She does NOT want to be touched, but she does enjoy company if you just sit and read or something. She'll purr and knead the carpet.

And yes, I bought her a fuzzy pink toy.

Assamiea

Allie(-gator) is an adorable name!

I'm a sucker for tabbies also, she's a cutie!

On a side note, one of my sister's hamsters was almost named Terra because she made pterodactyl noises for the first two days she was home.

CatStina

SBT Lover!!
I love her with all my heart!! She's precious! I LOVE the name Allie-Gator, too! I hope she warms up and you keep her! :)

Thanks, everyone. I had very little intention of keeping her when I took her in, but she is a charmer. She really does not want to be approached or petted still, but she likes having someone just in the room with her. It's pretty adorable, I'll go into the room and sit down to read without really knowing exactly where she is (she's got several little hidey holes set up for her) and pretty soon I'll just hear purring coming from somewhere and there are her little paws sticking out from her hiding place, kneading the air. She did reach out and briefly knead one of my fingers last night.

She reminds me of my adult brown tabby girl who is very much the same way - wants to be around, but touching only on her terms. Which will probably work out fine here since she can probably learn to just stay away from the dogs.

Victory: She emerges from hiding to play like a real kitten. One false move and she darts back under the shelf or into the towels (which is why they are so messy, excuse them), but she comes out to play and she even went over and ate in front of me, which is a first. It's easier to see how tiny she is now.

yoko

She's so cute :D

I'm not usually a cat person but my friend has a tabby that looks just like her that I am in love with! He's pretty skittish too and doesn't like strangers, fast movement, loud noises but when he does come out to see you it's an honor.

I'm on the side of calling her Allie-gator and keeping her!

Yea unless there is WWIII when introductions start, I think she is probably going to stay. Who could say no to this face?

Members online

No members online now.