My dog is so picky

He wont switch brands of foods. He only likes puppy pedigree. I try new stuff but he's so picky and ill starve himself. And sometimes he won't eat his pedigree meat for like a day or two.
Does anyone know why?

i dont know why he would be doing that, but you could try putting some warm water in with it and mixing it into a mush of sorts, my dogs love that! when i switched my dogs food thats what i did and she really likes it.

Athebeau

How old is your pup? what food did you try to switch to? how many different superior brands have you tried?
What I would do is to get samples from a few different superior dog foods which you can get locally. Since I don't know what you have locally, I'll just throw out a few names...Nature's Variety (all lifestages, so you can feed this to a puppy), Natura products such as innova, EVO, Karma. Canidae (all life stage formula as well), Holistic Blend, and there are many more that people on this board can list that I just can't think of right now:)
Add about a spoonful of the sample to current dog food being fed. Perhaps get the canned dog food of the same superior product and mix in. Or, you could add a little yogurt, cottage cheese etc. Continue to gradually up the amount of the superior food and continue with the canned food. Adding canned food and water to the kibble will help your puppy and dog get more water in his/her system to prevent kidney disease and dehydration. With all 5 of my dogs when I feed kibble, I always add canned food of the same superior brand.
You could also try giving your pup a little variety. Perhaps feed the kibble in the morning and a raw meal at night. To feed raw, you would need to do research and find proper recipes;)

Members online

No members online now.