Wantz!

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
Huh, are they like Poodles? I have heard of them, but don't know anything about them. Super cute though..

And you should totally get one...or two...

I'll shut up now

Doberluv

Lagotto Romagnolo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here are some fascinating old, old paintings with these dogs depicted in them.
Lagotto

The Lagotto is an ancient breed of water retriever from the lowlands of Comacchio and marshlands of Ravenna, Italy. All modern water retrieving dog breeds are believed to have descended in part from the Lagotto Ramagnolo.

So, yes...the Poodle is in part, descended from the Lagotto.

They're probably uber expensive...quite rare. :eek: I'm almost sure, though I haven't really looked that far into it.

Bailey08

I saw a Dogs 101 (?) show that included them a while ago. It would be awesome if you lived somewhere that they could hunt for truffles for you!

That first picture, with the puppies? For some reason, they all remind me of television static! Cute though.

Doberluv

LOL! They do look kind of like they stuck some body part in a light socket. All those in a row...all fuzzy wuzzy. Too funny!

Bailey, I saw that Dogs 101 too and that's what must have sparked my interest. Yeah, I don't know if they have truffles here, but they do have about 400 varieties of mushrooms. This place is famous for shrooms....the edible kind. And I don't know about the other kind. Those truffles are VERY valuable and expensive. These dogs could really help earn their keep if there are truffles around. And what's cool is, when they're looking for truffles, they aren't very distracted by other wild life...that drive is toned down so they can keep focusing on the task of finding truffles. I'd like that trait I think when training in general...they're probably very nice to train...unless they're like a Beagle that can't get his nose off the ground. LOL. I know a designated sand box or place to dig would be a must.

*goes to search for info on truffles in north Idaho.* :D

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I swear I just ate...but Lagotto sounds like a pasta, and when someone mentioned truffles the first thing I thought of was the yummy chocolate goodness. LOL :D

Very interesting dogs! I've never heard of them before.

And yes, you do need one. :D

jenv101

Bite Club
They're probably uber expensive...quite rare. :eek: I'm almost sure, though I haven't really looked that far into it.
From the FAQ.... "Whether imported or born in the US, a Lagotto puppy could cost roughly $2500 and up."

Yikes! Cute though! :)

And, now I'm hungry :p

Doberluv

Truffles are not only chocolates, but a highly treasured edible fungi. And yes, I've discovered that they have them where I live, but they're apparently elusive. (I wouldn't know a truffle if I tripped over it.) There are several resorts in the area with some award winning restaurants. I know that local people have made a some money selling them Morel and other mushrooms and huckleberries. Morels, you can't mistake. They have a decidedly phallic look to them. LOL. But I don't know about the truffles...how prevelent they are and how they're spotted exactly. they said in one place that they grow under the "duff." What's a duff? I guess I have to find that out too. LOL.

But this dog could be worth his weight in truffles and could possibly pay for himself if he lives a long time. :p (I don't imagine truffles to be very weighty.) My wheels are turning. (not very fast though...I really have always been primarily a pet person) But $2,500 is a lot to pay for a pet.

Doberluv

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you said IF,

so when is the new one coming and what color did you pick? :lol-sign::popcorn:

They are squishably adorable, aren't they.

Bogart....they come in all kinds of neat colors. I'd have a hard time. I'm kind of partial to the whitish ones with chocolate or blackish splotches. But the other, lighter mocha-type color is cool too. As far as when....first I'd have to get past the IF. LOL. I'm not quite in a position just now to get another dog. This area where I live isn't the greatest for socializing a new puppy. So, I'd probably want to wait until I move to the west coast....IF I ever do. Uggg. Gotta sell my house here first and that's proving to be not happening right now. On the other hand, I did manage to socialize my Dobe puppy, but I really had to go out of my way big time, driving all kinds of places all the time. It was a real pita. There just aren't that many people or dogs around to visit every day. So, I'd have some serious thinking to do. Plus, I'm kind of comfortable with the two adult Chi's I have right now. On the other hand.....:D (curly puppies are sewwwwww cute!)

Members online

No members online now.