Rolling on things they like?

colliewog

Collies&Terriers, Oh My!
I'm not talking about animal poo or carrion, but let's say a new, really cool toy. Every time Spud gets a new toy, or a chewie, or something she really likes, she has to roll on it. I've never had a dog do this, but her breeder says all of her dogs do it, so maybe it's a terrier thing? Input? :D

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Ozzy does this! But only on stuffies. Not so much balls, his holey roller or kongs or anything. He IS part Jack Russell Terrier, so maybe it is a terrier thing. He's also 90 times more likely than Enzo to roll in stuff in the yard as well...

sprintime

Thought it was just ours doing this but maybe all terriers do this. I know ours goes nuts rolling on top of her "special" toys. It's hilarious to watch.

Toller_08

Dance rolls around constantly, with toys or without, so she doesn't really count, LOL. But Ripley rolls all over his toys or bones or most new things that he recieves pretty often.

BostonBanker

Meg does very nice somersaults on all items. Here she is going into a somersault on her Secret Santa package from a couple of years ago:

Dekka

Just try me..
On occasion, thankfully fairly rare, Dekka will fling herself down and try to roll on my face when we are going to bed. I hope that means I am something good, not something stinky lol.

milos_mommy

On occasion, thankfully fairly rare, Dekka will fling herself down and try to roll on my face when we are going to bed. I hope that means I am something good, not something stinky lol.
Zach's parent's dachshund does this every morning when we wake up.

She also rolls on her toys, warm spots of sunlight, clean laundry, dirty laundry, and her treats.

Milo rolls around when he's very happy, but not ON his toys or my face.

xpaeanx

My corgi LOVES to roll in grass... it's like the greatest thing in the world to him... Wash seems to have taken up the grassing rolling is awesome idea as well. LOL.

they don't seem to roll on toys or anything though... though Wash will sometimes flop his shoulder down and run around my bed in circle before laying down... it's um... interesting to watch.... not sure I'd really consider it a roll though.

Dekka

Just try me..
My corgi LOVES to roll in grass... it's like the greatest thing in the world to him... Wash seems to have taken up the grassing rolling is awesome idea as well. LOL.

they don't seem to roll on toys or anything though... though Wash will sometimes flop his shoulder down and run around my bed in circle before laying down... it's um... interesting to watch.... not sure I'd really consider it a roll though.
Check to see if its worm rolling lol. Dekka has been known to stop mid agility run to ecstatically run in the grass for a few seconds before bounding up to continue (or keep rolling if the option is roll in worms to do the table) Turns out its earth worms on the surface that she is rolling in.

MPP

petperson
Monday loves grass rolling. And no, it's not worm rolling! Ick! Katie doesn't roll on things. She'd rather dig a foxhole in the sand and nestle in that. Gets all those bits of dead grass and twigs worked well into the coat, doncha know! :rolleyes:

Gypsydals

My slippers are Ivan's favorite things to roll on. Second thing would be me. For the longest time I couldn't figure out why I would come home from work and find 1 slipper in the middle of the floor. Then I caught him.

babymomma

Remembering Casey ♥
Keely rolls on me .. haha, and In her towel after a bath.. lol.. Thats about it though... Besides dead animals..

xpaeanx

Check to see if its worm rolling lol. Dekka has been known to stop mid agility run to ecstatically run in the grass for a few seconds before bounding up to continue (or keep rolling if the option is roll in worms to do the table) Turns out its earth worms on the surface that she is rolling in.
I wonder what is so interesting about earth worms?

When he first started doing it, I was checking the ground to see what was so awesome, and I didn't see anything other than grass and dirt. so...idk why he does it... but he does seem to really enjoy it.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Ozzy does this! But only on stuffies. Not so much balls, his holey roller or kongs or anything. He IS part Jack Russell Terrier, so maybe it is a terrier thing. He's also 90 times more likely than Enzo to roll in stuff in the yard as well...
What is Ozzy??? My friend adopted a little dog who looks so much like him, it's insane. Except his pup is only like 20 lbs.

Fozzie loves rolling... on anything. He will throw his stuffed hoof at the wall, then in the air, then roll spasmically all over it. :/

Members online

No members online now.