That didn't work out so well.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
I was visiting a friend's house. They have a 10-month-old dane. She's a typical dane pup: big, attention-hungry and rambunctious.

I was sitting on the couch. The pup comes up to me and tries to solicit attention in the typical wild ways. She's pawing at me, roo-rooing, mouthing, etc. So, as puppy trainers should do, I ignore her. The more I ignore her, the more puzzled she seems to get. I'm feeling quite smug. I figured that she'd start calming down at any moment, and I then I'll pet her.

Suddenly she jumps up on the couch, almost right on top of me. The next thing I know, she swings herself around, slaps her big rump right in my face and proceeds to LEAN on me with all her weight.

I finally manage to shove the big black dog-butt off my head. In the meantime, puppy was thrilled that I had finally acknowledged her presence, and is prancing around with happiness.

So. I guess I fail at dog training. :rolleyes:

Snark

Mutts to you
:rofl1:

Yeah, I think I would fail, too. In fact, I already did... went to a friend's house who had a young Old English sheepdog. He was bouncing around, I ignored him and continued talking to my friend... until he leaped up and knocked me flat. Luckily I landed lengthwise on the couch instead of the floor.

Catsi

:rofl1: Yes, great in theory.

In one of her more 'annoying' moments, I was trying to ignore Abby who was really wanting to hop up on my lap. I successfully ignored it all until she literally tried to climb up my legs by wrapping her legs around me.

Edit for spelling.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
:rofl1:
Never worked with Harley either. He would plop all of his 120 lbs. on my lap. It's kind of hard to ignore getting suffocated by a rather large dog. :rofl1:

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
When you ignore a pug, they launch themselves and head-butt you right in the back of the knees... Even if you're going down the stairs. I've taken a few tumbles.

Maura

You can't expect a dog to learn Not to demand attention once when it's worked a hundred times before. That pup was trying to train you in "proper" social procedures as she understands them.

Paige

Let it be
Spanky used to wake me up from a deep sleep by whacking his hip bones into the side of my face as hard as he could. Such a brat.

Pops2

MandyPug
is that true across the board? i know my SILs pug does it. oh & i think you would like her looks generally as she is an active fairly lean dog w/ a descent tuck.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
MandyPug
is that true across the board? i know my SILs pug does it. oh & i think you would like her looks generally as she is an active fairly lean dog w/ a descent tuck.
Must be a Pug thing lol, even my little puggy houseguest does it to us. They're a very in your face "love me" type of dog lol!

And Yay for fit pugs!

Members online