Major Training Sucess!

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
With both of my girls in training!

First, Zozo.

Well, I went out to the barn (Good place with lots of noise and distractions, etc.), wanting to work on our: down, recall, focas, going beside me, and Go...
Our down went GREAT! She even layed down on a vocal comand - rather than hand signal - a few times! YES!
Recall, good. I'd let her wander then say "Zoey, Here." and she'd come... I'd treat her, lots of praise...
Focas was good, as it always is with her... She's just a very focased dog, didn't need the training, but got it anyways.
For going beside me, I wanted to work on her staying on the side I needed her on when I was running, or walking, she did VERY well with this as well.
And her go... Wasn't AS great, but still really good..
Over all, I am VERY pleased with Zoey... :)

Now, Bella-boo....
We went out wanting to work on: down, focas, recall, go.
Down went well, better than before, she used to hit my hand with her paws, now she doesn't, and she seems to go down a lot quicker.
Focas was VERY good, seeing as she was in a barn with 25 goats, 2 horses and 6 sheep! Now if only she'd focas like that when around other dogs...
Recall was good too, I'd do the same thing as I did with Zoey, as well as just rewarding her when she looked at me when I said "Bella" because she isn't very good about listening when I say her name... yet.
Go, she has a BETTER GO THAN ZOEY! I can run beside that dog say "Go!", and push my hand out (without touching her), and she'll run atleast 10 feet in front on me! Really good! :)

Anywho, that's how our training session went today!

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
Thank you for that information. I do understand that, however, I am keeping my vocal commads the same for both dogs so I don't get confused...

I assume you're talking about the "go" command for both of them. Honestly, Bella just knew "Go", Zoey however, is very dependant on me, so I have to teach her using a touch target...

Thank you for your advice...?

Staff online

Members online