Recall On Pig Ears Now........

Lizmo

Water Junkie
I didn't read the article but, it's so sad nothing is safe anymore :( I mean, not Raw diets, not canned, not kibble....it's sad....

Brattina88

I'm guessing mainly because of:
if there is cross contamination, young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems.

Salmonella can potentially be transferred to people handling these dog treats, especially if they have not thoroughly washed their hands after having contact with the product or any surfaces exposed to these products.
I'd like to know more about how salmonella effects dogs - because I, too, have previously heard that it does not :confused:

Red_ACD_for_me

Ruled by a RED boy!
I'm guessing mainly because of:

I'd like to know more about how salmonella effects dogs - because I, too, have previously heard that it does not :confused:
Right here Brit it states what to look for in a dog with the illness..... *Dogs that become ill from Salmonella generally will have a fever and diarrhea that may contain blood or mucus. Affected animals may seem more tired that usual, and may have vomiting. Some dogs do not have diarrhea, but will have decreased appetite, fever and excess salivation. If your dog has consumed the recalled product and is exhibiting these signs, please contact your veterinarian.*

Miakoda

It's amazing because my grandfathers dogs were all raised on table scraps & Alpo & all lived to be over 14 years of age.

Red_ACD_for_me

Ruled by a RED boy!
It's amazing because my grandfathers dogs were all raised on table scraps & Alpo & all lived to be over 14 years of age.
Back then when I was growing up with GSD's that was what they ate to. Dog chow, table scraps, minimal vet care, and they were never fixed (males) and always roamed free never to run away. That was also before there were leash laws put into effect years later though. Plus you would never hear the "C" word.....cancer.........

Maxy24

I live in Natick and my uncle feeds pig ears like nuts, I need to find out what kind he feeds eek!:yikes:

carlar

Dog Lover Boutique
Boy, it is getting to where nothing is safe any more. At least I don't have to worry about that one. My dogs don't get to have pigs ears.

Miakoda

Boy, it is getting to where nothing is safe any more. At least I don't have to worry about that one. My dogs don't get to have pigs ears.
Sometimes I truly wonder though. Is "nothing really safe" or do we blow things out of proportion when 3 dogs out of 10 million die due to eating something?

The fact is anything you put into your dog's mouth can kill it some way, shape, or form. (same goes with ourselves) We need to understand that some dogs can be allergic, others can choke, & large dogs are at risk for bloat.

Vaccines are the same way. Vaccine reactions are not that common yet hysteria makes one believe that 3 out of every 4 dogs ends up close to death due to being vaccinated.

I think that it's important to step back from the hysterical & biased media reports & research to obtain the facts ourselves. One might be surprised what they find out.

Members online

No members online now.