Coffee Drinkers!

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Oh I love coffee, I make it every morning at the barn for OH, & a friend of ours whose in the same barn as us. But ... I am usually the busiest & never get a chance to drink any :( every time I try to pour myself a cup it always gets coldd before I can finish it.

Right now we are drinking Maxwell House though I really dont care for it, I find it rather strong & hard on my stomach, I prefer Don Pedro because its low acid, but alas I bought a three pound can of this stuff & I will have to finish it I suppose.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Although, I do have issues enjoying darker roasts with my Keurig. I think it's a personal thing, but all the medium to dark roasts in k-cups taste burnt. So I generally have to use my reusable k-cup with regular coffee.
I don't think it's just you. . . I find Keurigs to be quite bitter with "dark" or "bold" roasts.

I have to also add that once you get a routine down, a press takes literally 30 seconds.... I have an electric kettle that I fill before I get in the shower, turn that on and it will boil my water for me and then auto-shut off. Get out of shower, scoop grinds into press, pour water in, wander off to get dressed and comb my hair, come back after 5-7 minutes (recommended brew time), depress plunger and pour cup. Done.
Agreed. I'm not sure I understand where you all are coming from when you say it takes too much time. I have a nearly identical routine to this in the mornings, and it doesn't take any time at all.

The french press is worth it, although if I could find a timed coffee maker that makes coffee that tastes as good, I would go for it. I use trader joe's pre-ground coffee.

Off topic, if I ever get the math wrong on these random questions, I will be humiliated. :rofl1:
I did yesterday. Does that make you feel any better? :p

GipsyQueen

Back to my regular coffee maker since I can't find doodle squat for my Tassimo anymore. Kinda p.o.'d about that. I've contemplated getting a Keurig, but the coffee tastes weak to me...seems like it's more coffee water than anything. But I've got to do something. I am keeping my eye on the new Keurig that brews more like the Tassimo does, but I'm waiting to see if it catches on, as I don't want to invest in anything to be stuck with a single selection of coffee.

When I'm feeling especially sentimental, ill break out my great grandpa's old coffee maker thing I put on the stove. I can't remember what it's called, but it's from the early 1900's and made of aluminum. Despite it tasting more like "cowboy coffee", it brings back memories for me.
We have one of those!! :) We use it on the weekends when we have more time though. During the week the person who showers first turns on the coffee machine and showers. No time to babysit a coffee maker, but on the weekends they are great. AND the coffee tastes so much better :)

LindaJD

Everything tastes better on the week-ends!. We have a Keurig and I love it. I mostly use my own coffee in it. Too expensive to always use the k-cups, I drink a lot of coffee. I don't like flavored coffee, just give me strong coffee, cream no sugar please.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Also I like the little local coffee shop here in Senoia.
And at Starbucks I only get mocha frapps with whip cream and chocolate drizzle & caramel drizzle.
And at Dunkin Donuts I only get Vanilla Lattes.

Oh gosh. Mocha frapp sounds great right now.

Members online

No members online now.