New Acana Coming Late 2011?

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I have been wondering the same thing. Methinks it is one of their classic line formulas, which we can't get in the US, thanks to AAFCO :rolleyes:

If it is one of their GFs though, I wanna know!

JacksonsMom

I have been wondering the same thing. Methinks it is one of their classic line formulas, which we can't get in the US, thanks to AAFCO :rolleyes:

If it is one of their GFs though, I wanna know!
I'm hoping it's one of their classic lines! That'd be awesome!

I'm gonna start Jackson on Acana again, I'm pretty sure. I always got compliments on his coat when he was on this, and lately it's been looking more dull to me. Not BAD... but just not AS shiny. He's been eating Castor & Pollux, Natural Balance and California Natural since his stomach issue back at the end of July and I really don't think he needs the super low fat anymore. So, yeah, excited to hear of anything new coming out for Acana!

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
It will be one of their Limited Ingredient Diets, Duck and Pear. Those are part of the classic line though so the USA won't likely get it anytime soon due to inclusion of Milk Thistle.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
It will be one of their Limited Ingredient Diets, Duck and Pear. Those are part of the classic line though so the USA won't likely get it anytime soon due to inclusion of Milk Thistle.
^ Yup. Milk Thistle is allowed as a supplement, but not as a food additive, according to AAFCO.

It's a great formula, though. They're adding it to the line with their Lamb & Apple formula and calling them the Singles line.

^ Yup. Milk Thistle is allowed as a supplement, but not as a food additive, according to AAFCO.

It's a great formula, though. They're adding it to the line with their Lamb & Apple formula and calling them the Singles line.
Dumb. Just like how all of the Honest Kitchen supplements aren't allowed to be sold in New Mexico or South Dakota, because the "herbs aren't approved for animal consumption in those states."

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Can I pay someone to send me one through the black mail market? :p
Maybe when they come out! :p My rep said it's likely delayed until December/January. We were supposed to get it this coming week. *cry* I want my new Acana t-shirt so I can stop wearing my Blue Buffalo one!

JacksonsMom

I saw this e-mail from Champion on another forum:

We are coming out with some new ACANA formulas, the first is Duck & Bartlett Pear, it is a single source protein consisting of duck meat, duck fat and duck liver. The protein level is 25%. The other formula is Lamb & Apple which again is a single source protein consisting of lamb and the protein percentage is also 25%.

These new formulas will be available for purchase by the end of November.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
By "new" I assume they mean to the states, since Lamb & Apple isn't new here. But if you guys get the LIDs, that would be spiffy!

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I saw this e-mail from Champion on another forum:
Are you sure it wasn't an email from when the line came out in Canada? I've seen formula changes regarding their foods, only to realize it was the changes from last year, lol. As far as I know, AAFCO has NOT changed their labeling of Milk Thistle, meaning this food will NOT be in stores in the US. Plus, if we were getting them, I'm pretty sure our rep would have mentioned it, since he is in our store a lot and was basically beating down the door to get Ranchlands on our shelves.

Are you sure it wasn't an email from when the line came out in Canada? I've seen formula changes regarding their foods, only to realize it was the changes from last year, lol. As far as I know, AAFCO has NOT changed their labeling of Milk Thistle, meaning this food will NOT be in stores in the US. Plus, if we were getting them, I'm pretty sure our rep would have mentioned it, since he is in our store a lot and was basically beating down the door to get Ranchlands on our shelves.
The guy from Zeus was at our store yesterday, and he said that we would most likely be getting the THREE new formulas. It's a completely seperate, brand-new line, different from the Classic and the Grain-Free.

JacksonsMom

No, the e-mail was from October 31, 2011. Am I allowed to post the link to another forum? I have no idea.... lol.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
No, the e-mail was from October 31, 2011. Am I allowed to post the link to another forum? I have no idea.... lol.
I don't need the link, I believe you :p

The guy from Zeus was at our store yesterday, and he said that we would most likely be getting the THREE new formulas. It's a completely seperate, brand-new line, different from the Classic and the Grain-Free.
Way to drop the ball on Blaine Tom. :mad:
That is AWESOME though. Any ideas what protein sources they will be or what makes them different from the GF (other than being GF?)

I don't need the link, I believe you :p

Way to drop the ball on Blaine Tom. :mad:
That is AWESOME though. Any ideas what protein sources they will be or what makes them different from the GF (other than being GF?)
It was duck, lamb, and...something else. I can't remember. They're going to be grain-inclusive, single source protein, and a different ratio then the 60/40.

And he came for our store meeting, so I'm sure he didn't forget about you. :lol-sign:

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I've been told that they are coming out with Duck & Bartlett Pear, are changing the Lamb & Apple's name to Lamb & Okanagan Apple, and are replacing Adult with Chicken & Burbank Potato.
^ Beat me to it.

Here in Canada, the Lamb & Apple isn't new, and the Chicken & Burbank Potato is a slightly modified version of the Acana Classic Adult formula. The Duck & Bartlett Pear is the only true new formula for both regions,a nd it's coming out in December IIRC. All three are being re-packaged under the Acana Singles line.

I'm assuming they're removing the milk thistle that was originally in these formulas which allows them to be sold in the States! It's about time.

Members online

No members online now.