My first day helping out with a rescue group

I dont pretend to know alot about dogs but I am so disgusted with the general public and there attitudes about proper pet care. How intelligent people can walk around and be so concerned about animal welfare and out of there mouths come the stupiest things I ever heard.
Today for example, we were at a town function with a few dogs and puppies from our rescue group. One women walks by and loudly says for everyone to hear I tryed to help them out but they wouldnt give a dog to me unless I had it spayed. Open your eyes lady we have puppies coming out of the yin yang. What we charge for a dog is less then the vet charges here for a spay, and that was part of the deal you take the dog we pay the spay.
Then there was oh I think I like that one maybe I'll get that one. We had a border collie this summer who had 14 puppies Grandchildren really enjoyed the puppies dont know what happened to the mom she kept running away and getting pregnant. Didnt even want to know what happened to her pups. Your probadly thinking educate these people. Some people just dont get it. Its just not a problem to them. Not to mention all the starving children in the world that we could be raising money for instead of these mutts. I would like to know what he was doing to raise money FOR THE STARVING CHILDREN, probadly nothing. You have your passion and I have mine dont make me feel gulity . One of the girls said its like banging your head against the wall. And then a call comes in and someone adopts a dog that has been there for so long and you are so happy they found a good home. Needless to say nobody went home with any of them. Guess there's tommrow.

mrose_s

BusterLove
mmm. its hard isn't it? i'll bet. some people just do not understand the way things are.

i know that animals are my passion. people have asked me if i would choose a humans life over an animals.. depending on the situation. i'd pick the animals.

C

cindr

Yes it is a bashed up world out there. Everyone wants a pup then the novilty wear's off and the responsibility goes out the window with it. It is so hard to understand what they want any more. (HUMANS) But you have to keep striving to educate the wing nuts no matter what happens. Good luck

mrose_s

BusterLove
yeah. well said. i'm so glad that i have a continueing passion for animals... not just a passion for cute little babies

Sweet72947

Squishy face
I know how you feel. I also volunteer for a rescue group. We just had a dog returned to us after NINE years because she's old now and has become a little incontinent and she pees on the floor once a week. She's a sweet hound mix that only wants to be with people, and now she's locked in a run again because her owners couldn't be bothered to clean up a little pee now and then. They didn't even shed a tear. :(

C

cindr

Yup: Isn't that the way! It is totally amazing that any one could just say: LUCY IT WAS ALL THAT AND FUN< BUT WE HAVE TO SEPERATE WAYS TODAY. I AM LOOKING FOR YOUNGER AND HOTTER STUFF. SO YOU SERVED YOU LOVED AND YOU CARED. BUT NOW BEING TOO OLD AND SICK I CAN'T BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU ANY MORE. BYE AND GOOD LUCK NICE TO HAVE KNOWN YOU. THESE PEOPLE WILL DO THE REST FOR ME. SO SLEEP IN PEACE, :mad: :mad: :yikes:

We had a breeder do that to us years back, they told us the dogs were like 4 yrs old. well when we took them to the vets they were 10 yrs old. when I called the breeder about this, as we were getting the dogs fixed. and needed to know the correct age. i got the same. 10 yrs old. I asked why the lies? she said well it was easier that way, I did not have to pay to put the dogs down.

Well as being a breeder I said, Did you not get money from your litters. She said yes. Well you could not see it in your heart to put $75.00 into the dog to put it too sleep on your time and your money. but will let me on my time and my money! yeah some people need to be shot:spam:

I know how you feel. I also volunteer for a rescue group. We just had a dog returned to us after NINE years because she's old now and has become a little incontinent and she pees on the floor once a week. She's a sweet hound mix that only wants to be with people, and now she's locked in a run again because her owners couldn't be bothered to clean up a little pee now and then. They didn't even shed a tear. :(
That's how I got started in senior rescue...I could not believe that someone could throw away their dedicated companion of so many years...some of the dogs that I have gotten feel so betrayed by their owners...I had one little guy that just couldn't believe he had been deserted...I got him from animal control where he had been surrendered and he would have nothing to do with any of us...he tried to run away every chance he got...he just wandered around looking for HIS family because he was sure they were looking for him...it took nearly 3 months for him to realize that they were not coming back for him...I'm guessing he had even been abused because x-rays showed that he'd had several breaks that were never properly set...even with that, he loved his family and he was so devastated that they would leave him behind...I had one old gal with kidney problems...I was GRATEFUL for every pee puddle...We live in a disposable society...we lock up our elderly in nursing homes and we sure as heck don't want to take time to care for a less than perfect animal companion...Working with senior pets has been the most gratifying work I have ever done...PS...I use doggie belly bands & doggy diapers for some of my babies...They work great and allow the dogs to have a normal life of lying in bed or on the sofa...they are the greatest thing since sliced bread...let me know if you would like the website that I order from!

Members online

No members online now.