The Venting Thread

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Boil a big pot of water and mix it with cold water in a large basin and take a rag and spongebath yourself. better than icy cold!

our pipes froze and now somethigns leaking in the kitchen and the city water has been out 4 times yesterday and its still not fixed. idk wtf but its annoying. i HATE not being clean this is just AWFUL
When we were out of power for two weeks, the fire station let people shower there.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
My grandma had a chemical stress test and it showed "significant" a-fib and they want her to see a cardiologist right away. I don't even fully understand what a-fib means beyond the technical "this is what the heart does/doesn't do," and I'm refusing to Google it because I don't think I really want to know. I'm going to just ask my friend in a little while because he knows a lot of stuff, and he'll probably tell me in a way that is less DEATH AND HORROR than Google.
Because Dr. Google is a dick.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Ankle isn't healing as fast as the doc would like to see - ordered xrays.

^that's annoying enough, but I'm on a high deductible insurance plan so we get to pay the bills 100% until we hit $1500. >.< Thank goodness for the HSA we've been paying into without significant withdrawals for the last 18 months.

Saeleofu

Boil a big pot of water and mix it with cold water in a large basin and take a rag and spongebath yourself. better than icy cold!
Boil multiple large pots, pour them in the tub, add cold water, and you have a bath! This is what we do every summer after the gas
gets shut off.

My grandma had a chemical stress test and it showed "significant" a-fib and they want her to see a cardiologist right away. I don't even fully understand what a-fib means beyond the technical "this is what the heart does/doesn't do," and I'm refusing to Google it because I don't think I really want to know. I'm going to just ask my friend in a little while because he knows a lot of stuff, and he'll probably tell me in a way that is less DEATH AND HORROR than Google.
Because Dr. Google is a dick.
My dad's had a-fib for YEARS. It can be treated in several ways. He was shocked out of it once but it came back. Now he just takes meds for it. After he retires he may end up with a pacemaker, but for now medications control the symptoms (though he's still in a-fib).

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
I wasn't able to get my injections for my pernicious anemia and I'm so, so tired. At least it wasn't as bad as before though. I was sleeping like 18-20 hours a day!
So it's not like that again, thank goodness, but I'm just exhausted, ugh.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
My dad's had a-fib for YEARS. It can be treated in several ways. He was shocked out of it once but it came back. Now he just takes meds for it. After he retires he may end up with a pacemaker, but for now medications control the symptoms (though he's still in a-fib).
They did mention a pacemaker when she first went to the doctor. Apparently she also has a heart murmur which I guess is somehow different than a-fib? She has sleep apnea too. For years she wouldn't wear her mask for the sleep apnea. Earlier this year when she had her stroke-type episode, the doctor finally scared her into wearing the mask when she sleeps. So all of that has me kind of nervous. My friend's dad has cancer and they did surgery once because they had to biopsy and find out what was going on and remove as much as they could, but they are afraid to do any further surgical procedures because he has a heart murmur...

Saeleofu

They did mention a pacemaker when she first went to the doctor. Apparently she also has a heart murmur which I guess is somehow different than a-fib? She has sleep apnea too. For years she wouldn't wear her mask for the sleep apnea. Earlier this year when she had her stroke-type episode, the doctor finally scared her into wearing the mask when she sleeps. So all of that has me kind of nervous. My friend's dad has cancer and they did surgery once because they had to biopsy and find out what was going on and remove as much as they could, but they are afraid to do any further surgical procedures because he has a heart murmur...
My dad has sleep apnea too, and has had a CPAP for a few years (and yeah, he was stubborn about wearing it at first, too >.<)

He's had some TIAs, but as far as we know not a full-out stroke.

He doesn't have a murmur; what happens in a-fib is that the atrial champers are "fluttering" or beating weakly and very fast - making it almost impossible to get an accurate pulse rate. A heart murmur is usually related to one of the valves in the heart leaking and allowing some blood to backflow when the heart beats.

Saeleofu

I just found out I didn't have any federal or state taxes withheld from my zoo paycheck all year last year, just medicare and social security taxes :wall:

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Everyone I go snowboarding with is either backing out or already has a full car. I don't mind driving up, but I don't like doing it by myself.

Equinox

Got a text from my sister and I lost "my" little Thing 2. We knew it was coming but it was still sad to hear. RIP grumpy old fuzzy.

Grab

It's noisy neighbor day. On one side, they occasionally work on their roof, but also like to apparently drive extremely loud trucks in and out of their yard all day. On the other side, the guy who lives with his mother and possibly has some sort of odd-houred job is doing god knows what to his truck in the yard. It sounds like drilling, maybe some sanding too.

Does no one ever just enjoy a quiet evening?

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word
Got a text from my sister and I lost "my" little Thing 2. We knew it was coming but it was still sad to hear. RIP grumpy old fuzzy.

Sorry to hear about your loss,he is so cute.

From -40 windchill's to freezing rain to above freezing temps to snow storms. Seriously, I am getting sick of the weather constantly changing.

noludoru

Bored Now.
I just found out I didn't have any federal or state taxes withheld from my zoo paycheck all year last year, just medicare and social security taxes :wall:
I would kill someone. OMFG. That's going to be awful.

((((((HUGS))))) I'm so sorry, sweetie. It still sucks no matter how grumpy the pet is.

Mine: I'm exhausted and can't sleep.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Woke up two hours early from a combination of Enzo raking her nails across my face and a stupid dream about automotive class.

I really wanted that extra two hours of sleep that I could have had :/

Gypsydals

Wish the daughter would stop arguing and/or questioning everything I say about Phoebe. I should not have to explain why pick up your socks or why you shouldn't let the puppy chew on your hand. I should not have to give a reason she is in her crate. These are fairly obivous rules and the reasons behind them.:wall:

SpringerLover

Buzz has been sleeping really well for the most part the last 2 weeks. Last night he did not sleep well. And therefore I did not sleep well.

**Bleary eyed** I need coffee today!

What the hell is up with people telling me to feed my puppy? Why does everyone want her to be so friggen fat? Its a Malinois. WTF. Stop.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
What the hell is up with people telling me to feed my puppy? Why does everyone want her to be so friggen fat? Its a Malinois. WTF. Stop.
UGH I sympathize. Mine is kind of normal looking now but yeah... I know how it goes. And how fast it gets old.

Members online

No members online now.