I'm so sad. Buddy and Guinness (Boxers)

JacksonsMom

We have a close family friend and they have two Boxers. I loved these dogs, I used to watch them literally all the time. They were always going away. I practically lived at their house all summer in '08 and spent most weekends there.

Buddy was a Mastiff/Boxer mix of sorts. He was getting old, when I first start watching him, and started going downhill last year. They had to put him to sleep last year at 12 years old. So sad, but I had been expecting it. Here was Buddy:

Well, he just text me tonight and told me that Guinness died last week :( 6 years old. I'm so upset! I was so in love with this boy. He loved to cuddle, and just lay his head in my lap. He was a snuggle butt. But then he could be a complete goof. He was known as a 'tard' because he was a big doof sometimes, lol, but God I loved him. They said in the morning, he was fine. Then that afternoon he got sick. Called the vet, who came over and said he was fine. They got up the next AM and he just did not look good. He died in the wife's arms. :(

Oh, Guinness, I will miss you. RIP buddy boy.

babymomma

Remembering Casey ♥
I am so sorry :( Its never easy, even if he wasnt "yours" . I know , far to well, how much you can love somebody elses dog and how much it hurts to loose them :(

R.I.P guinness

And hugs to you Jacksonsmom :(

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
So sorry, Brit. :( It's hard to loose animals that you have cared for. I had a horse that I used to take care of every summer that just died. He was around 33.

Boxer's have quite the way of "kidney beaning" into your heart. Maybe you need one? ;)

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
You know, it's weird because a family friend had a Boxer and he randomly fell down dead in their backyard one day. He was probably 6 or so as well. No warning, they just looked out the window and he was laying there. Is that a common thing in the breed??

I'm so sorry, Brittany. :(

Barb04

Super Moderator
This is so sad. My heart goes out to your friend. They were both such beautiful dogs. May they both be running free with our loved ones.

Flyinsbt

You know, it's weird because a family friend had a Boxer and he randomly fell down dead in their backyard one day. He was probably 6 or so as well. No warning, they just looked out the window and he was laying there. Is that a common thing in the breed??

I'm so sorry, Brittany. :(
They have some heart issues.

Members online

No members online now.