Nikon vs Canon

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
I have a Nikon D40 and was looking to get a different DSLR or a P&S that was somewhat comparable and easier to use. Any suggestions?

WyleeWhippets

Whippet Good!
I'm a Nikon person through and through. I currently have a P80 as my point and shoot and a d70s as my dslr. I adore my d70 but my next investment is a nicer one, not sure model yet as I can't afford it now. But it will be a Nikon.

Go to the camera store and check out a couple of different cameras. You may find one of the canon rebels more your speed if you don't like the nikon interface, or you may want to look at some of the point'n'shoots. Also try out sony, pentax and olympus....you might find working with one of them better suited to your own tastes.

xgstour

it all depends upon the lens system of the camera and i think Nikon is much worthy as compared to Canon cameras as per future uses.

Nikon is the best in all aspects, i have been using both of them and i found Nikon to be much promising.

Last edited by a moderator:

bitme

Lens quality is key, it does not really matter if you choose a Canon or Nikon body.

PS: There is nothing like a Canon L lens.

Michiyo-Fir

May I ask what you're looking for that you're not getting on your D40?

I work in a camera store so I may be able to help :p

In terms of Canon vs Nikon, really there isn't better brand in the 2. It's about your own needs, and ergonomics based on personal preference. I've shot both and thoroughly enjoy both.

Bolerame

Bolerame Boxers Reg'd
I've only ever shot with Canons

I started with a Canon Rebel waaaay back and then went to a Rebel S then a Rebel XT and now I'm on to a Rebel T2i. We'll see what next year brings. :eek:))

cliffdog

In terms of Canon vs Nikon, really there isn't better brand in the 2. It's about your own needs, and ergonomics based on personal preference. I've shot both and thoroughly enjoy both.
Truth. I really like Nikon but I wouldn't turn down a good Canon if I could find one that suited my needs for the right price. They're both excellent brands.

If you haven't invested in lenses, then by all means try some out. Renting is a good idea.

I know people who take incredible photos with Nikon -- Zoomer comes to mind.

And I know people who take incredible photos with Canon -- Kady, for example.

The quality of your photos, in the end, lies with the photographer. The camera only helps. I've got Zoomer's D50 that she used to use and took some stunning shots with . . . and mine are CRAP :rofl1:

Barbara!

The biggest differences I've noticed is that Canon has more clarity and easier to use interface....but Nikon has way better color straight out of the camera.

Members online

No members online now.