The Good News thread

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
So exciting!!

...you know you can do vow renewals at disney right?
CHAZ WEDDING!! LOL
yes,... I do know that LOL and don't think I haven't looked into it :rofl1:

We didn't have a wedding (quicky ceremony at the courthouse with just the two of us lol) so the idea of renewing our vows at Disney is... *DIES* lol

but that would pretty much mean it would be just the two of us and hannah again lol although maybe we could plan another big family trip like we are doing this time (14 of us all together this trip lol) in a few years and do it then hahaha.

We want to do something special for our 10th anniversary. We didn't have a wedding or a honey moon and while I have ZERO regrets about the way things went I do want to do something special for #10 lol. We were thinking of going on a Disney Cruise and bringing the grandparents along for Hannah. We thought of just doing the cruise just the two of us but... we wouldn't be able to stand not having Hannah with us to experience it. So invite the grandparents, Hannah can stay with them and we can have all the nights out and couple time we want and STILL have all the family time we want when we want it to. it's the perfect compromise lol

maybe we'll have to get "re hitched" at Disney and then go on the cruise lol

Lyzelle

It's only Day 2 of Jin's 8 day break. WOOOT.

He also did well on his mock PT test today, so we get to sleep in a bit tomorrow because he gets to skip PT tomorrow for a volunteer thing instead.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I got random $$$$! My work messed up the state taxes so I got a refund , then I overpaid my doctor and got a check from them. Nothing like unexpected money.

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
YAY RAGE! That's awesome!
Thank you! It was a UKC all-breed at orange empire! I half expected to see you lol

(Liz wanted me to add that she picked up TWO altered best in show wins... she got two new food bowls and a victory lap for being the ONLY altered dog in show ;) )

Red.Apricot

Aw, no, I didn't even hear about it! I'm so out of the loop, lol. I haven't had rally class for two weeks (starts again tomorrow) and didn't get to go to drop in on Wed. :[

But it sounds like both of them kicked some butt! I wish I had been there!

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
We got some frustrating news last week about hubby's job. They confirmed that they wanted to hire him on permanent but then came back and said "well w can't do it right now because we are laying people off and it won't look good if we hire people on while laying people off so we'll extend your contract three more months and hire you on." which is a n ice thought but we have to pay for our own insurance as long as he's contracting through the company plus to not have something signed and sealed saying THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN FOR SURE... we can'/don't want to just sit around and wait.

So that was a bit of a blow and had us feeling a little down and out.

Then hubby got an email from a job he interviewed for before he got this job. They hired someone but it's not working out so they want to know if there is any way he might be interested in a job with them. It's consulting though and not really something he wants to get back into but still it's nice to have options.

THEN.... he got a random call from a recruiter for an accounting firm here in town (his current job is over an hour away). They are very interested in his resume and the job falls perfectly inline with his skill set. He told them he would be interested in seeing what they have to say but told them honestly that the salary would have to be somewhat competitive with what he's making now. they came back with a number today and it's a good one. He's likely going to interview for them. They have someone in the position but he's not working out so they want to replace him so this isn't a posted job. Sounds promising but we won't count our chickens before they hatch

it's just very encouraging to go from the bummer news we got last week to having other viable opportunities. Being "in limbo" is tough and it's been stressful not knowing where we would be after December but current events have really lifted our spirits. it's such a blessing.

Dogs6

Plus One
MY PROVISIONAL LICENSE CAME!!!!!!!!!! :D

Finally I can start learning to drive! They misplaced it the first time we sent away for it but it's finally here!! (albeit nearly 2 months late). I'm so exited!!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I think I finally found my Lab breeder!!!!! :D

I'm excited. Their dogs remind me of my past Labs, they health test out the wazoo, they have a contract I am very happy with, and they are within driving distance. (Well, kind of. It would be an all day trip, but WHO CARES! ^_^)

I just hope they're easy to get in touch with, the pups aren't thousands of dollars, and they'll have a litter planned that will suit me...

FG167

I think I finally found my Lab breeder!!!!! :D

I'm excited. Their dogs remind me of my past Labs, they health test out the wazoo, they have a contract I am very happy with, and they are within driving distance. (Well, kind of. It would be an all day trip, but WHO CARES! ^_^)

I just hope they're easy to get in touch with, the pups aren't thousands of dollars, and they'll have a litter planned that will suit me...
I used to be in the Lab world. I would love to know where you are getting your dog from if you don't mind telling :)

Members online

No members online now.