Proud of Lacey!

AGonzalez

Not a lurker
So we had a big scare tonight. My middle son Sean (3 yr old) some how managed to climb the cabinet and get my bottle of Feldene down...and eat some of it. I caught him with a handful of pills left, but am pretty sure he possibly as many as 10 down as I'm missing some of them. His face is completely green from them and so is his mouth, I also found some chewed up. I keep them up high because I can't have child-proof lids because I can't open them. They are now locked in the glovebox of my car.
Anyway, I called 911, which in turn called Poison Control and sent a firetruck and ambulance to the house.
I put Lacey outside because she's not very good with strangers, normally she'll bark and growl at strangers in the house. Now there's 6 people (4 firemen and 2 paramedics) in the house all checking Sean out and Lacey managed to open the door. She came bursting in and ran right in the center of everything going on as I'm saying "watch the dog" and trying to grab her. I'm proud because she handled all the commotion very well and let me catch her and put her back outside, but I practically had to drag her away from Sean.

Everything is ok, Sean got a ride to the ER, checked out and Poison Control said I didn't need to stay there because he hadn't ingested enough to cause major damage or need to have his stomach pumped out or anything. They said just to feed him when we got home and just keep an eye on him. He's here at home, ate some more and went to bed. What a crazy night.

cricketsmygirl

Angels in waiting....
Oh my god AC! That must have been so scary and Way to go Lacey! Good girl! My daughter got a hold of my uncles pills once and I chewed him out for it. Had to rush her to the ER but she like your son was okay thank heavens!

AGonzalez

Not a lurker
I was so shocked he managed to get them. I had them up high where I need a step to reach them because of the lack of child proof lid on them.
We figured out how he got up there. I was downstairs doing some laundry, no idea where hubby was, Sean pulled the trash can over to the sink, stood on it to get on the counter and then he could reach them.
I knew exactly what he'd gotten into when I saw his face because these pills are a bright turquoise color. Then I found them empty bottle.
It really helped that I had the bottle in hand when I called 911 because poison control can do so much more if they know the exact dosage on the bottle.

Boemy

Oh my gosh, that must have been terrifying!! :yikes: I'm glad all turned out all right! And good for Lacey, what a good girl!

cricketsmygirl

Angels in waiting....
Toddlers are little dare devil tricksters. I'll tell you I've told my mom before oh there's no way she can do that. Then eat my words later when I catch her lol

I was so shocked he managed to get them. I had them up high where I need a step to reach them because of the lack of child proof lid on them.
We figured out how he got up there. I was downstairs doing some laundry, no idea where hubby was, Sean pulled the trash can over to the sink, stood on it to get on the counter and then he could reach them.
I knew exactly what he'd gotten into when I saw his face because these pills are a bright turquoise color. Then I found them empty bottle.
It really helped that I had the bottle in hand when I called 911 because poison control can do so much more if they know the exact dosage on the bottle.

Members online

No members online now.