trimming paw webbing

reg

Hi - I have a minature poodle (18 pounds). I've been trimming him myself for years and have a nice cordless wahl clipper.

I have always had trouble trimming the hair on the underside of his paws in between the webbing. I bought a new minature wahl trimmer, but have not had any succes with that.

There are foxtails everywhere around here in the summer, so I really want to get his paws trimmed.

Does anyone have any suggestions that you can offer me?

thx,
rob

beth2

blade size and patience is the key. what blade is one the clipper? a 40 or 30 is what I use. And going against the lie of the coat helps too...for a smoother cut. and then practice and patience...I dread doing clean feet on poodles!!

reg

Hi - Thanks for your post. I don't rmember the blade size, but I did what you said, I used a lot of patience and I had somebody else hold the paws which helped a lot. I just gave up trying to do it by myself!

His hair just grows too fast!

thx

beth2

gee I wish I had that luxury of having someone hold the dog's paw! thats great! the blade size is the number stamped into the front of the blade. the larger the number the shorter the cut. 40 is concidered surgical blade in closeness. I prefer the 30.

Members online

No members online now.