Snowpocalypse...

Brattina88

Schools are closing Monday and Tuesday... It's 38 and only rain as of right now. I hope they aren't over-exaggerating it :eek:

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I just had to go out and shovel by the gate... the snow had drifted up so high the dogs could have walked up the pile and hopped down over the fence should they have been so inclined. :yikes:

They are telling everybody to stay off the roads here because people are getting stuck and emergency crews can't get to them. The cold temps are moving in. 5 currently, windchill of -19... oh boy.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Went to let the dogs out to pee and almost couldn't open my door due to the drifting. o_O Luckily I was able to get it open about a foot and a half and squeeze out to shovel a clearing.

So, so happy I have one dog that doesn't mind the snow and another that is in love with it. I do not envy my mother trying to convince her Dachshund to go out to pee when there are drifts almost as big as Abrams.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Finally texted my co-worker to tell him they haven't plowed ANY of the roads around here so it's looking like I will be stuck tomorrow. They haven't plowed out where he is either so he told me to stay home. I can at least do some work from home, so if my boss sends me anything by e-mail I can work here. I don't think any of us are going to get out tomorrow. They're having a really tough time plowing out just the main streets, never mind the side streets.

I'm to afraid to look and see what we are at and are going to be.
Don't look - it keeps getting lower and lower almost by the minute here.

Went to let the dogs out to pee and almost couldn't open my door due to the drifting. o_O Luckily I was able to get it open about a foot and a half and squeeze out to shovel a clearing.
We've been opening ours all day long about every thirty minutes or so and clearing the deck off to keep it clear! It's pretty bad. I bought socks for all the dogs to wear on their feet tomorrow when they go out and their coats are all by the door.

My mom doesn't even know if we should try to clear off the drive and stuff tomorrow since they're saying so cold you can get frostbite in five minutes...

GipsyQueen

I'm jealous. Our winter has been so crappy so far. No snow. No nothing. It's hardly even been below 0°C here. -.- Sirioulsy. It needs to get cold! & I want snow. :( but noooo we just get rain and 12°C because it's so cold in canada. :rolleyes:

I'm jealous. Our winter has been so crappy so far. No snow. No nothing. It's hardly even been below 0°C here. -.- Sirioulsy. It needs to get cold! & I want snow. :( but noooo we just get rain and 12°C because it's so cold in canada. :rolleyes:
Same crappy weather,here!.

I just finished shoveling out our driveway and our neighbour's. Any of you snow jealous people want snow, come on over and you can pick some up, free! I'm sure there will be enough to go around again by the end of the day.

On a side note, we live on a circle at the end of a road. They have to send a road grader out because a regular plow can't really make the turn too well. My neighbour, in all her brilliance, figured leaving her car on the street overnight was a good idea. By the time the grader saw her car, he was probably committed to going around the curve. Looks like he nearly made it, stopped, backed up, and then went forward around her car. Sucks to be her this morning.

Gypsydals

I do not envy you, having a tiny puppy in this weather!
The upside is, she goes out and does her business with out messing around. So no chance of her getting distracted. LOL. I did shovel the wee one a potty spot. She choose to go snow jumping instead. That was last night thought, this morning it was out and back in for all 3 of them.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Abrams heart is broken. Yesterday the snow as fun. Now it is just flipping cold. He went bounding outside this morning all excited and then fell into a huge snow drift and got this digusted look on his face. After he peed, he tucked his tail and laid down while trying to pick all of his feet up off the ground at once.

You know it's flipping cold when the pain/cold tolerant dog looses feeling in his feet.

I had to shovel him out a path through the giant drift splitting the yard so he could make it to the thinner snow to go poop.

My phone says the wind chill is -25*F. BRRRRRRRRR.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
DH had to physically push Sally out the door to go potty this morning, she just refused to go on her own. Jack in the other hand was bounding his way through the yard, had to be called several times before he got his butt inside, and came in covered nose to tail in snow. I think he was a husky in a previous life.

The view from the front door this morning:

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
-45 windchill this morning. It has "warmed up" to -40 by now. Uhhhh gross.

Members online

No members online now.