Importing from Sweden?

I know from experience, that Sweden and Finland are a little rough and expensive to ship to the USA from.

Anyone had experience recently with shipping from Sweden? I'm looking at a bundle of trouble over there, but worry I will spend WAY too much on shipping.

I have no advice but I'm glad you're looking. :)
I got offered a terrific deal, on a puppy I really like. The main question is, can I swing shipping? In addition to our new Beast-Mobile, we've had three dogs hospitalized this summer. My husband is going to go POSTAL when I bring this up. LMAO. :rofl1:

I sent you a link via FB.

Need to start selling crafts on Ebay or something. :p

CaliTerp07

Ugh, I can only imagine. I was in Sweden a couple weeks ago, and with the exchange rates and everything a bottle of coke was $5-7. Although we were able to get flights to Denmark for $800, so I would think that a dog should cost lest than a person, right?

Ugh, I can only imagine. I was in Sweden a couple weeks ago, and with the exchange rates and everything a bottle of coke was $5-7. Although we were able to get flights to Denmark for $800, so I would think that a dog should cost lest than a person, right?
You would think so, but not usually the case. :(

What I've found with the countries that don't have direct flights into the USA, is that you pretty much pay twice. Frankfurt to USA? Maybe $800 for a puppy. Finland to USA? You go through Frankfurt, and pay $1600 or so depending on exchange rate.

I was hoping Sweden was not as bad as Finland, but I think it might be. Will check SAS I think they have a direct into LAX.

CaliTerp07

Ooh, didn't see you were going to the west coast. That's tough--very few European flights are direct from there, since most at least stop in DC/NY/etc on their way over.

I know. There is also a possibility of her flying to JFK and then re-routing a couple of days later to LAX. But I'd rather just get it over with.

Kat09Tails

*Now with Snark*
Seattle/Seatac has direct flights to Sweden.

The last person I knew looking at importing a swedish dog found that it was cheaper to fly over and transport the dog back on the same flight. They were importing a small dog though.

That is why I went to Finland to pick up Mauno. He was 10 months old, and quotes were 1800-2500 EURO to bring him over on Lufthansa. I flew out, went to an IPO camp, got to see his relatives, and took him for xrays. Fun trip, even if it was short.

Aleron

I know someone who's gotten two Tervs (puppies) from Sweden, can probably give you her email but she's in OH so not sure if it would help?

I loved the vid! I really hope you can figure something out, you deserve a win.
Thanks. I'm working on it, and they are at that end also.

I know someone who's gotten two Tervs (puppies) from Sweden, can probably give you her email but she's in OH so not sure if it would help?
That would actually be a help, if you don't mind.

stafinois

Professional Nerd
Do you ever talk to Stan's breeder? She has mentioned the Finnish in some conversation, and Stan's dad is a Finnish import, although not imported by her. Still, if you know her, she does so much pond hopping that she likely knows.

I do not know Stan's breeder. I have contacts in Finland, not sure how different Sweden will be.

BTW- I put my Cranberry Ruadh up for sale today.

I am trying to fund my latest endeavor. Also have lots of dog training videos. Do we have a classified here?

Members online

No members online now.