Why do I even bother trying to keep him fenced in!!!

Dogs6

Plus One
I took Fudge to my (step)grandparents house with me today for the first time (of course this is only my second time going but the sooner they learn Fudge is a part of me the better :lol-sign: ) and they let me put him in their garden. They've lived in that house for almost twenty years and had a dog for almost all of that time. Now is the only time they haven't had a dog.

Within five minutes of letting Fudge in their garden he had jumped the fence.

It is sort of my fault. Usually I would have gone out with him but it was freezing out, he was happy exploring on his own and they had patio doors I could watch him through. It's lucky I was watching carefully though. The way he disappeared he could have been just behind a tree but I saw the quick flash of him going over the fence. The fact that it took him a few minutes to come when I went out and called him just confirmed it.

I think he sees me putting him in a fenced area as a challenge. I took him to my friends once after they had just had a new 6' fence installed. He was happily playing with her beagle so we decided to walk back to my house to get Scamp as well. As soon as I left the garden he jumped the fence. However that time I could explain it just by saying that he wanted to come with me. This time however ...

The good news is that my step-grandmother is now a member of the Fudge fanclub because of how athletic he is. How ironic :rofl1:

I'm thinking of taking Taz next time and seeing how long it takes him to jump out!!!

Staff online

Members online