Kelpie Breeders

Toller_08

Have you asked Mandypug? I think she knows a Kelpie puppy and might be able to ask his owners where he is from. I came across a couple of Kelpie breeders in Alberta through a quick google search fairly recently (within the last year) when I was looking into the breed for myself, but I don't know anything about the breeders as I never talked to or met them. I was also told about three good breeders in the states (one in Washington and I think the other ones were in Oregon, but I could be wrong) through somebody on my Doberman board who has a Kelpie. If you'd like I can PM those breeder's names to you. Or hopefully somebody else will know of some more local breeders.

crazedACD

I've been eyeing the Kelpie lately too...I don't think it will come to fruition anytime soon, but I've sniffed around a few breeder's websites. There are quite a few nice ones in the States, but I don't know about Canada. Well I guess this was a mostly worthless post, but I just wanted to pitch in and say Yay Kelpie :D.

~Tucker&Me~

Kelpies are of interest to me too, I would love to know of breeders in Canada as well.

Toller_08

From what I've been told about Kelpies, they sound really nice. The only ones I've ever seen in person were Agility dogs and were super amped up and a little nuts (right after a trial). There were two of them. But the owner said they're not normally so crazy though and told me quite a bit about them and I loved the sounds of them. The person on my Doberman board that I talked to just raved about her Kelpie puppy also. Nothing but good things to say over all. I was comparing them to Koolies, BCs and Aussies when trying to decide what my next dog will be, and I decided on a Koolie (obsessed with them), but one day I think I might really enjoy a Kelpie also. We shall see. Too bad we don't have any Chazzers with Kelpies to get to know the breed a little bit better.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
oh thanks guys for the info.

I was asking for one of my close friends who is looking for a female pup for next fall to start in stock dog. Her boyfriend is a rancher in Sask and has another Kelpie that is incredible on cows, and the pup is old enough it will be joining her boyfriend and the other Kelpie and helping with the cattle.

I think she might have found an awesome breeder that has pups on the ground and the parents are working dogs and health tested.

I will have to make sure she joins Chaz when she gets the pup :)

Members online

No members online now.