Another Hunting Trip! Pics

Julie

I am back again.
More pics of Shiloh....
She did some awesome retrieves yesterday! One at 85 yards and one at 125 yards in moving river water carrying a goose each time. The last one is longer than a football field...
Love that stamina.
Here are a few pictures.

The little yellow dot is Shiloh getting the goose.... With using the zoom on my old camera.

Almost to shore..

Look at those webbed feet. She has the goose by the wing,

Back on dry land.

darkchild16

We are Home.
Thats awesome!!!! I love the boys trying to bring the goose in lol. Reminds me of me when i was little trying to drag as much as i could in. lol

AWESOME!!!! So great to see more working dogs!!!!!!! Just curious, in a trial to you get docked points depending on where the dog grabs the bird to bring it in? As in prefering them to grab the wing as opposed to the neck or body or something???

RD

Are you dead yet?
Good job, Shiloh! I love watching dogs work.

Julie

I am back again.
Thanks Everyone! She is a great retriever!

AWESOME!!!! So great to see more working dogs!!!!!!! Just curious, in a trial to you get docked points depending on where the dog grabs the bird to bring it in? As in prefering them to grab the wing as opposed to the neck or body or something???
Oc, we don't do trials! Our labs are purely only "real" hunting dogs.;) I could care less if they grab a wing or the body....as long as the outcome is the same...that we get the bird.
But I do believe that in trials a dog should'nt grab the wing.. Not even sure about that though. But the only persons that gives points are hubby and me...and she has all the points she needs. ;)

This was also a blind retrieve...Shiloh was still in the truck when the bird went down! 125 yards.. She has done many like this before, but this time I got a few pics!

I also would like to say, we never sent our labs off to be trained by someone else, and they have turned out to be exactly what we need with the way we hunt. They have never been trained to FF, and I am actually glad.... Their natural abilities have just been fined tuned and we are very happy with the outcome! :D

Members online

No members online now.