charity

mojozen

bullie lover
My boyfriend and I played Charity Angels today.

We went to Animart (local pet store) to get Mojo some booties to wear when he goes for a walk, as well as some other things for our various pets. Anyway, the Dane County Humane Society was there to get donations for their animals. My boyfriend and I saw that and we went a little crazy with generosity.

We ended up giving 40lbs of food - I gave 20lbs of dog food and Neil gave 20lbs of cat food. I also bought and gave two stainless steel bowls, as well two quick release dog collars (a large one and a medium one)... Also a few months ago my brother gave me a year's supply of dog vitamins, that Mojo doesn't really need, so since I had them with me, I ended up giving those to the humane society too. I am hoping they can use them to help a sick and/or neglected dog regain health or something.

I just want to give something back, something concrete. It's also why I've been buying stuffed toys to give to toys for tots this year. Even if it's only the few toys I have right now that will make a few kids happier and less lonely.

I know that when I was younger and going through a tough time just having a teddy bear to hold onto helped me feel less lonely. Heck, I still do the same thing now with Mojo... no matter what happens in my life I have my dog to hold. There's nothing like the security in knowing that you aren't alone.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
That's great!

Tucker suggested that we do care baskets for a dog or dogs at our local shelters.. so I made three baskets for the dogs, one for the cats and have two 40# bags of food!

:D

jess2416

Who woulda thought
Im going to try to do something but my resources are limited at the moment

Members online

No members online now.