Brag on the Puppies

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
You know you've been waiting for one ;) .
The Puppies are doing great going on three days of age and eating well.Roxy is being such a great mum the only time she leaves these pups is to go outside to go to the bathroom or when she eats. And when she eats she is fed in the laundry room and stands maybe a foot away from the welping box. She is very catlike when her puppies she will take one pup at a time move it in between he front paws and cleans the pup all over. They usually protest but she doesent seem to care and licks EVERYWHERE lol and this goes along with her usually licking to stimulate the puppies to go. It is really great to see such a great mum it seems like this is what she was put on this earth to do other then Run of course. Their already gorwing atleast belly wise ;) and colors are changing and these are fading a bit. The female with the white eye brows is starting to loose those and the black on her face is whitening. I mean they don't look completely different im just seeing the begining of changes. Big puppy Poe is well the big puppy he climbs over his brother and sisters while nursing he actually sad on poor Indies head and the baby monitor alerted me I ran in and Roxy was standing up getting ready to break up the problem when I saw Poe laying on his poor little sisters head. I moved him and Roxy checked over Indie cleaning her up a bit and then nosed her back close to her brothers and sisters.

Three days old and already developing personalities :D

Saje

Island dweller
baby monitor. Hee heee hee

I can't believe it's been three days already!!!

It sounds like everything's going wonderfully.

You'll be posting more pics I imagine... soon? Please.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
ur so right..been waiting! When do you start training? i did one thing as soon as their eyes and ears opened..and it worked so well. I would call mom in and have her down to nurse..a foot away from the sleeping pups..then i would take the training whistle and toot a few times to wake them up. Every pup in that litter ran to the whistle no matter what..no matter how far away. The other thing i did was as soon as they could walk i would have mom lead them out the door right after nursing to eliminate..there was a truck of repair man that stopped and laffed at the sight of 8 black shiny puppies spilling out the front door and squatting as soon as they hit the grass..they were all house broken at 8 weeks...do you do any "early stuff"?

avenlee

Great to hear ! And what a great mom Roxy is being. It must truly be amazing to witness all this! I'm glad you can share with us :D

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Awwwwwwwww! It sounds like they are all going to be real characters! Looking forward to lots of puppy posts and pics!! :D

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
From day one I going through each pup holding each of their little paws and rubbing them between my fingers, doing the same to the ears, and then runing a finger over their snout so they are used to being touched in these places from day one makes future vet trips alot easier trust me.

At about the time the puppies are walking and moving around 4-5 weeks i take them outside more with Roxy and kind of like what you said they get the hang of potty training pretty quick. I also start introducing racing equipment to them just laying out harness's and such just so they can see them and mouth them. This entire time period im constantly saying their names and when I see a puppy sitting I some how put the word sit in there when I speak to them.

Puppies being sold for racing purposes are put in their first harnesses at 7 1/2 weeks old. They spent two weeks being slipped in and out of them wearing them for hours at a time getting used to the feel of it on their little backs. At 9 weeks i start introducing weight ( flakes of straw) and start training them to pull while saying comands.

btw new pics are on the way ;)

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Renee750il said:
Pits, I am learning so much from you - and Smkie and Grammy when they join in.

I'm still dreading my grrrrls having pups though . . . will be a terribly worrier.
That will be exciting the Day Shiva or Kharma have puppies!

bubbatd

I can't remember Renee, do you have the book " How to raise etc etc" ????

Members online

No members online now.