Bins -why are thier contents so tasty to him!?!

My 12 month old German Shepherd/ Border Collie cross wont stop going down bins, he's a fast learner and his behaviour has improved oveer the last 2 weeks that we've had him but he keeps getting into the bins and taking thier contents out -usually chewing and eating things. This is especially annoying with the bathroom bin!
I'm very worried that he's going to eat somethign he shouldn't and it'll make him ill. :(

Any suggestions?
Niki
xx
:confused:

Well, in the thread about the Dalmation who thinks he's homeless, they're having some luck with the infamous mousetrap technique. I don't recommend this for smaller dogs, but for the larger ones it can do the trick harmlessly.

There are also some sprays that are supposed to put dogs off. I don't really know how well they work, but it might be worth a try.

You could also try those motion detector alarms that make a loud noise when moved. I think they still make them; I know they used to make them to stick in your doors to alert against intruders.

Dogs are scavengers by nature. They just love to root through stuff and find "goodies."
You might want to try a lidded trash bin in the bathroom, although a German Shepherd/Border Collie cross will probably figure out how to open it in very short order.

Thanks for the advice!

Thanks for your reply, he's a big dog and we've had mouse problems before so I'm sure I can find a trap or two around somewhere. The downstairs bathroom is fine becuase he can't open the door but the upstairs bathroom's door jsut needs to be pushed to open unless locked form inside! :(
I'll see what I can do with him, thanks for your help!

Members online

No members online now.