Wiggles is thin... I think *Dial up warning*

Well here is some not so great pics of the new boy. While he was at the vet she told me he was at a *Good* weight but he seems SO skinny to me... Maybe it's because I'm used to older dogs that aren't so... active? But unless he is just laying or facing straight you can see his ribs very easy, and he's got a massive tuck were his tummy is. Posting 2 pictures so you can give me your guys' opinion.

Barb04

Super Moderator
I do see his ribs in the second pic. The rule is that you don't have to see their ribs for them to be at a good weight, but as long as you can feel the ribs my touching the sides, the dog is at a good weight.

How old is he? How much do you feed him?

Zoom

Twin 2.0
He does look a touch too thin, but it is hard to see, especially since that body angle can bring the ribs out on a lot of dogs.

Aussie Red

Rebel With Cause
I think just a bit to thin as well. I can see the hip bones in last shot. What are you feeding ? Any supplements ? Sometimes you have to supplement a real active dogs diet. If the overall health is good it just might be something time will take care of. If you notice more weight loss I would have the dog thoroughly checked. Is the pup fixed ?

He eats a mix of raw and evo, But we have only had him for a few weeks now. I had told the vet i wanted to put some pounds on him and she said he was a good weight.

Sorry I didn't specify that :)

Aussie Red

Rebel With Cause
He eats a mix of raw and evo, But we have only had him for a few weeks now. I had told the vet i wanted to put some pounds on him and she said he was a good weight.

Sorry I didn't specify that :)
oh you are doing fine then. Give it a little time. I am sure things will change. All still new. The little girl I got today is very thin. I will get on that right away.

Members online

No members online now.