Dog Biscuits!!

Kathy29

Alright, so I've decided to try my hand at making my very own dog treats! I did a search and yes, there are PLENTY of recipes out there that I could try but I don't want to bake 20 different kinds of biscuits/treats/cakes, etc. for my dog before finding one she actually likes.

So, do you know of any recipes that you've personally tried yourself and was a huge hit with your dogs? I'm looking for anything from cookies to cakes. Basically, anything tasty :D Thanks guys!

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
My pups really love liver, and I buy a lot of liver because they're raw-fed, so I made up a really easy liver treat recipe. They're kind of soft and spongey when they cool, so they're good for training treats. But since they don't have any preservatives in them, they should be in the fridge for no more than a week... they can be frozen, though!

1 carton of chicken livers (or beef, lamb, whatever meat you prefer)
2 eggs (including shells)
1 tbsp minced fresh garlic
Oatmeal

Blend it all in your blender. Add as much oatmeal as it takes to thicken, enough to make tablespoon-sized dallops on a cookie sheet. Place cookie sheet in the oven, pre-heated to 350*. This will take 20 minutes to bake. Gonzo & Fozzie sat in front of the oven for the full 20 minutes, and went crazy waiting for them to cool! They love them! These are really cheap, seeing as most people have all of this laying around (except for the livers, usually).

Where do you find the chicken livers in the store? I looked in Walmart and couldnt find them. Here is mine:
1 lbs ground turkey
1 cup oatmeal
1 tsp garlic
1/4 cup cottage cheese
I fry mine into little patties

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Mine yields, like, 10 large treats that can be broken into 10 small pieces each... so lots of training treats, especially for your little girl! You can freeze a bunch and they'll last you for weeks of training sessions.

Rowdy_ridgeback, all of my local grocery stores have chicken & beef liver in small or large cartons. Check out your local grocery store or butcher if Wal*Mart doesn't carry them, they're only like $1.50/lb.

Members online

No members online now.