computer help?

nancy2394

I am getting frustrated because I can't figure this out. One day.... out of the blue a few weeks ago I had a screen pop up on the lower right corner of my desktop. It's an avg window. I can't read the whole thing because it's cut off. But it acts like it's in the process of doing something because it's telling me to wait while avg applies my security settings. I can not get rid of this window!! I tried uninstalling avg but it won't even let me do that because it says to wait until the process is finished. I tried installing a fresh copy, but it still didn't get rid of the window. I can't minimize it or anything. It blocks my view and it's really starting to tick me off now. How can i get rid of this stupid window??

boneyjean

Stinky Butt
AVG is a free antivirus software. Have you gone into the program itself? Have you reboot your machine and then tried going into it? Have you pressed ctrl+alt+delete then gone to the task manager and ended that application if it is even there?

nancy2394

yeah, i already tried all that. I'm at a loss of what to do and it's driving me insane having this window on my screen and in the way.

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
You went into Task Manager and closed the application/stopped the process? Are you sure it's AVG and not just something disguising itself as AVG?

nancy2394

it's not listed in my processes or in the applications under the task manager. My computer acts and runs fine except for that stupid window. It says it's avg and has the avg icon.

Members online