Now that he's all grown up....

bnwalker2

My house is a zoo
I wanted to start another "guess the breed" thread for Scooter now that he's not a puppy anymore.

He is almost 14 months old now, and weighs approximately 35 pounds. When I got him, I met his mother. She was about 15-20 pounds at the most and they said she was a Beagle/Sheltie mix. She looked like a longhaired Beagle. They told me that they didn't know who the father was but that they had seen a dog in their yard that they described as "knee height and was black and tan". That dog may or may not have been the father considering the mother was kept outdoors all the time.

As for personality, Scooter is VERY vocal. He has a high pitched bark and he uses it ALL the time. He uses his nose a lot, obviously that's the Beagle in him. He is very affectionate, loves to play, and is very active. He "herds" the cats and I've seen that herding dog stare from him many times. He's quick to learn and is very smart. He's stubborn but not as much as most Hounds I've known.

Here are some pictures of him, I can get more pics if you want anything specific. This is just for fun, it doesn't really matter what he is but I'm curious to see what you all think.

Kind of a body shot:

bnwalker2

My house is a zoo
how tall is he?

i saw beagle/JRT/some longer legged hound.
He's definitely taller than a Beagle. His shoulders are about an inch higher than my knee and I'm 5'7"... if that tells you anything. I can get the horse measuring stick later and get an exact measurement on his height.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
I definately see JRT in the eyes, and Beagle in the ears. The body and muzzle, I could kinda see Sheltie in his muzzle, and some other kind of hound in the body... maybe foxhound?

Members online

No members online now.