Juno. Cajun. Random.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Just a random assortment of some recent pics. We've had such an awesome winter so far and have been able to get out lots!

2 friends sharing a laugh. lol
IMG_9461 by cinSun9, on Flickr

IMG_9728 by cinSun9, on Flickr

IMG_9727 by cinSun9, on Flickr

Best friends! Just kidding Boomer is definitely wishing my dogs would go away.
16356198652_6d3c84c789_o by cinSun9, on Flickr

Cajun was on the ball today with her scoot to flip catch sequence.
16356288222_ed592e4abb_o by cinSun9, on Flickr

16356287502_50c7e87a44_o by cinSun9, on Flickr

16169804460_20175c0b9a_o by cinSun9, on Flickr

We're getting the hang of this...
IMG_9602 by cinSun9, on Flickr

IMG_9590 by cinSun9, on Flickr

IMG_9558 by cinSun9, on Flickr

Done! =P

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
So awesome! (Kind of jealous that I won't be able to do that with Stark... he's kind of... 85+ lbs already.... )

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Thanks guys! I'm really happy with how well she's taking to these crazy things I ask her to do :p The back vault is still very much a work in progress, as far as us getting in sync so that her catches can be more consistent - but we're getting there.

A Stark-sized dog would definitely complicate things lol. I was reallyyyy scared to do this stuff with Cajun, and she's 50lbs soaking wet. I think if she were any bigger we'd be skipping this stuff lol.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
So cool. Why doesn't Juno do these things?! ;)
Hahaha we try but it takes her a really long time to be comfortable throwing herself at me. She's not very good with discs either. :p So I mostly just hand the discs to her and she gets to run around all proud of herself that way lol.

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word
Wonderful pictures, I really enjoy seeing Cajun.

The vault is coming along nicely. I don't think I could ever see myself, have a 50 lbs dog throw itself at me

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Wonderful pictures, I really enjoy seeing Cajun.

The vault is coming along nicely. I don't think I could ever see myself, have a 50 lbs dog throw itself at me
Thanks! Yeah sometimes I don't know what has possessed me to do these things lol but thankfully Cajun is prettu light on her feet. Well, the training process can be a little dangerous lol but things usually come together safe enough. :p

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Hahaha we try but it takes her a really long time to be comfortable throwing herself at me. She's not very good with discs either. :p So I mostly just hand the discs to her and she gets to run around all proud of herself that way lol.
I was totally kidding! Though it would be pretty sweet to see. However, Boxers are NOT light on their feet so I could see it being painful. Cajun totally rocks it though. Now you just need to come to a disc comp with us!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
It's funny because I would have pegged Juno as the "light on her feet" dog out of the 2 of them. But they will both do rebounds and nope, Cajun is the one I hardly notice.

I'd love to give a comp a try! And I can't even believe I'm saying that. I think Cajun would not perform well at all in that environment though, but I guess you don't know till you try right lol.

Doberluv

Terrific pictures! Wow! That seems like it would hurt the back. But very cool and what fun you're all having! I so enjoyed your photos.

DJEtzel

LOVE THEM SO MUCHHHHH

I need better work at my timing for Recon's back vault, too... mine is much worse than yours though. lol.

I was also gonna ask how much she weighs... Patton is about 20 lbs more and we're going to start rebounds soon, I think... :eek:

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
She totally looks like a horse in pictures sometimes lol but yeah at her spay she weighed only 48lbs. Guess it's a good thing I wound up with a petite doberman and not a normal sized one. :p

I'm finding it REALLY HARD to figure out the timing for back vaults!! It's much cooler to share pictures of her being successful but 95% of the time, it plays out more like this...

IMG_9603 by cinSun9, on Flickr

:lol-sign:

And I so want to see Patton rebounds.

That seems like it would hurt the back
I won't lie, my back is definitely sore from this!!

DJEtzel

I'm finding it REALLY HARD to figure out the timing for back vaults!! It's much cooler to share pictures of her being successful but 95% of the time, it plays out more like this...

And I so want to see Patton rebounds.
I KNOW THEM FEELS. SaraB, AHan and my friend Ricky (who you might know from the T&T group?) have all been helping me with my timing for the back vault. Getting MUCH better as of last night, but I really have to take his stamina, speed, and the location into play to place the disc right. I was throwing way too high last night at the beginning of our back vault session, because he was getting tired from some agility practice and other training already, and he doesn't leap as big inside. Then there are awesome leaps like that picture I shared... of course he isn't completely confident yet, so he doesn't always make the catch even with well placed discs. When Patton starts vaulting we will be unstoppable. ;)

Patton rebound video coming to a training group near you tonight!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Well it's nice to know it's a legit part of the learning process, and not just a "Cajun and I have no idea what we're doing" problem. :rofl1:
And it still looks cool even when they don't catch it, right?! :p

DJEtzel

Well it's nice to know it's a legit part of the learning process, and not just a "Cajun and I have no idea what we're doing" problem. :rofl1:
And it still looks cool even when they don't catch it, right?! :p
Exactly! You and Cajun are progressing so quickly, it's awesome motivation!!

My friend (who was with me at the farm over the weekend) saw my picture of Recon's back vault in the air with the disc and was like... "He didn't catch any of those vault tosses, did he?" to which I happily replied "Nope." :rofl1:

It looks too cool not to share!

Members online

No members online now.