Morgan went to the dog park! PICS!

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
I was driving home from Grand Rapids today and got caught in some horrible weather. It ended up taking me an extra two hours to get home. Poor Morgan was stuck in his crate WAY longer than he ever should have been. Poor, poor puppy!

So to make it up to him, we went to the dog park this evening to let him do some real running around.

I'm sorry for the quality of the pictures. Since it was just me, I didn't want to carry the DSLR just in case something happened dog-wise. So these were taken with a Nikon Coolpix. Yeah, they are not great quality, many are blurry, and then I didn't want to bother with editing any of them. I hope you enjoy them anyways!

Will you run with me?? (It's hard to see in this picture, but when Morgan gets excited the fur stands up down the ENTIRE length of his back... Could he possibly be part Rhodesian, or am I reading too much into this?)

Sniffing and drinking water

He really enjoyed playing with this dog.

Same dog. Chase me! Chase me!

*more*

jess2416

Who woulda thought
Oooo its a Chloe.....

ok sorry... I couldnt help myself :D

he is such a cutie :)

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul

More dogs

Morgan pretending he's an ostrich while his new best friend looks on.

The gray-and-white dog at the bottom liked to follow the other dogs around and bark at them.

Morgan and his pal share the watering bucket. I'm surprised the little dog standing on the platform was in the shot... he never stopped moving!

*more*

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul

Hi! I'z happy and old and muddy and will you pet me??

My doggy sense tells me that someone is coming...

Okay, so the little dog held still twice. He and Morgan had a good time playing chase shortly after this picture was taken. (And I just noticed that Morgan's back feet are pointing the wrong direction and he looks really awkward.)

Dobe! This guy was a big goof, tall enough that he could nose my elbow to ask me to pet him... which he did several times.

*more*

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul

Dobe again! He and Morgan played chase, but only briefly. Morgan didn't want to play anymore once he got run over by the big dog once. Lol!

I found an abandoned rope toy so we played fetch with that for a little bit.

Curly tongue

Morgan really likes the agility structures. He actually climbed up there on his own without any convincing on my part. Do you think he's giving me a hint?? haha!

*more*

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul

My favorite puppy butt.

Up on the beam again. I thought this was a neat angle.

Gotta go sniff what the other dog is sniffin'...

Hmmm... I wonder where this goes...

*more*

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul

Kind of an awkward picture, but one of the ONLY not-blurry ones. Go figure. (Okay, I lied. It is still a little blurry.)

Again, he climbed up there all on his own. I did nothing but take his picture.

And finally, this is what he looked like when we got home. :D

*DONE!*

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
Oooo its a Chloe.....

ok sorry... I couldnt help myself :D

he is such a cutie :)

There were actually two dogs there that looked a lot like Chloe. The other one didn't really want to get his picture taken, but the one in the pink collar was an absolute doll!

lizzybeth727

OMG those are some cute pictures!!
(It's hard to see in this picture, but when Morgan gets excited the fur stands up down the ENTIRE length of his back... Could he possibly be part Rhodesian, or am I reading too much into this?)
My chihuahua does this too. Usually dogs raise the hair on their backs ("hackling") when they're about to get aggressive. In the play groups I supervise every day, hackling is not allowed - if a dog does it, he gets a time out until he calms down. OCCASIONALLY (very) a dog will hackle a lot just in natural play, but most of the time that's because that dog hasn't played a lot with other dogs and doesn't know dog etiquette. You might want to keep a close eye on this behavior as he gets older, and think about doing frequent time outs to calm him down a bit.

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul

My chihuahua does this too. Usually dogs raise the hair on their backs ("hackling") when they're about to get aggressive. In the play groups I supervise every day, hackling is not allowed - if a dog does it, he gets a time out until he calms down. OCCASIONALLY (very) a dog will hackle a lot just in natural play, but most of the time that's because that dog hasn't played a lot with other dogs and doesn't know dog etiquette. You might want to keep a close eye on this behavior as he gets older, and think about doing frequent time outs to calm him down a bit.

Hmmm... I had wondered at first if it was an aggressive thing... but he didn't really do it when meeting the other dogs. He really only did it when he was running, so I got to thinking it was an excitement thing. His legs would get going, and the fur would go up.

I'll certainly keep an eye on it, though. Thanks for the pointer!

bcmoffatt

totally normal
Very cute! I love the one where his lesg are pointed the wroung way. It's too funny!!

My dogs hackles all the time in play. He's played with a bajillion other dogs, he's Mr. Party. He does it at daycare, he does it at the dog park, sometimes alone with my other dog, even.

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
My dogs hackles all the time in play. He's played with a bajillion other dogs, he's Mr. Party. He does it at daycare, he does it at the dog park, sometimes alone with my other dog, even.
I'm still going to keep an eye on it, but I have been doing my best to socialize Morgan as well. He's been going to a basic training class. He goes to visit dogs that belong to my family and friends. He goes to the dog park. We walk him. So it's not like he's never around other dogs. And like I said, he does it the most when he is running... doesn't matter whether he is chasing, being chased, or just playing fetch with me. :p

PS: Your "Iz my bone" thread cracked me up!! :D

bcmoffatt

totally normal
I'm still going to keep an eye on it, but I have been doing my best to socialize Morgan as well. He's been going to a basic training class. He goes to visit dogs that belong to my family and friends. He goes to the dog park. We walk him. So it's not like he's never around other dogs. And like I said, he does it the most when he is running... doesn't matter whether he is chasing, being chased, or just playing fetch with me. :p

PS: Your "Iz my bone" thread cracked me up!! :D
He's really right right? Yeah...
Mines 2, and has been doing it his whole life, so I'm comfortable with it.

Thanks! :D It's Kena that hackles, btw.

M

MyHorseMyRules

Raja and Jetta (my sister's pit puppy) both throw their hackles up when they play. And they're not being aggressive at all. Actually, the only time Jetta got cranky and snappy, she didn't have her hackles up. lol

Members online