Doberman vs Mastiff (vid)

ACooper

My son's girlfriend has a 5 month old female mastiff that Orson just loves!! He hasn't gotten to see her since Christmas, so we moved the coffee table and Orson got his butt whipped by a baby girl!!
It is very hard to video him in the house since he is so dark, but here ya go..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWcuftmzQiQ

That was just a snippet of the action, they didn't stop until Orson was completely slimed (if you have seen Turner & Hooch, then you know what I mean about mastiff slime.............yuck!)

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
:yikes: The Doberman and the Mastiff are fighting!! :yikes:

:lol-sign: Soooooo cute, somebody is having a lot of fun! There's nothing better than a friendly wrestle match...makes'em tired, too, he? ;)

DanL

I wish I had another big dog that Gunnar could do that with. He and Bruzer wrestle around like that but it's not quite the same. And Midnite just clears out when they start, she knows she'll end up getting banged into and the boys don't have any respect for their elder once they get going.

ACooper

Yes Jules..........I had to just about drag him out for his walk after they left (he just wanted to sleep!)

and I know what you mean Dan, Orson doesn't get to do it often.
Phoebe is going on 8, she is half his size, and she doesn't stand for any "puppy crap" She will run all day with him, but if he tries a wrestling move she puts him in his place quick!

aww, adorable! yuck, mastiff slime. I remember the days that Hershey, and Sugar fought like that. :) (play fight)

Love That Collie

Owned by 2 Rough Collies
My son's girlfriend has a 5 month old female mastiff that Orson just loves!! He hasn't gotten to see her since Christmas, so we moved the coffee table and Orson got his butt whipped by a baby girl!!
It is very hard to video him in the house since he is so dark, but here ya go..........
Could I ask in what state your sons girlfriend purchased this Mastiff?

ACooper

Sure LTC, we live in Indiana, her parents purchased it from a breeder not far from them for her 16th birthday in October.

EDITED TO ADD: I just asked my son (who of course is on the phone with her) and he said she came from South Bend Indiana :)

Love That Collie

Owned by 2 Rough Collies
Sure LTC, we live in Indiana, her parents purchased it from a breeder not far from them for her 16th birthday in October.

EDITED TO ADD: I just asked my son (who of course is on the phone with her) and he said she came from South Bend Indiana :)
Whew, thank goodness. There's not all that many Mastiff breeders about (as compared with other breeds) and I was hoping that she did NOT get this one from WV or Southeast Ohio area. Did the puppy come with at least certification concerning hips? This breed doesn't have all that long of a life expectancy and they are considered "old" at age 6 or 7 and a lot of them have a lot of hip issues. I know of a Mastiff breeder who intentionally placed a dysplastic female puppy for future BREEDING purposes.:yikes:

ACooper

I am pretty sure that she came from a reliable source. Her father is a champion, and they shopped around for quite a while. I also know that the breeder she came from does not breed often at all.
I do know the puppy has developed an issue with a touch of cloudiness in the eyes that they are keeping an eye on. Vet said it is something the she is very likely going to outgrow???? I do not remember the exact termonology that was used.

ACooper

and P.S. Roxy is due to be spayed in one month...........so she is definitely not the future breeding puppy :)

Love That Collie

Owned by 2 Rough Collies
That's good that the breeder is selective in the process.
The one's I'm talking about are also "Champions" but their temperament
is atrocious and hips also and that breeder has continued breeding that bad temperament, champions or not. The term "champion" in some lines of any dog is irrelevant most people "bank" too much on that if the parents are "champions" then they must be OK.

Staff online

Members online