Timberwolf Organics?

For those that feed it, what type do you feed and why?

I might be interested in starting my guys on this because the free shipping is enticing. Is this a food that you reccommend feeding completely dry? I currently mix in a little canned food w/ my dogs dinner as well as fish oil capsules.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I feed the Dakota Bison formula to Holly because she just can not tolerate any other types of food.

I mix in carrot pieces, apples, other fruits, sometimes things like brown rice as well. She also gets some plain yogurt, or cottage cheese (usually not cottage cheese because that seems to make her a little runny).

Luvntzus

I'm currently feeding Wild and Natural because I wanted a grain free food and I like the ingredients, protein/fat levels and ash % better than any other food(the one exception is Orijen, but that isn't available in my area). I like that the protein and fat are higher than most foods at 36%/18%, but not quite as extreme as the 42%/22% in most grain free foods. Also, the ash is REALLY low even for a regular food. It's 5% compared to 12.38% in Innova EVO.

To answer your other question, I'd recommend adding a little canned food and fish oil to ANY kibble. Canned food is closer to meat in its natural form and contains moisture, which is very healthy. And fish oil is a great thing to add for the omega 3's. :)

dk666

I have used it in the past and Thor loves the Wild & Natural he also liked the Ocean but would not touch the Dakota, I know the Wild & Natural has a lot of meat in it he attacked it in the bowl and it's hard to get him to eat LOL he's back on Canidae just due to the price. I would order the Sample packs from TimberWolf to try a few and see which ones he likes that's what I did or even Call them maybe they will send a few for free

showpug

I feed the Wild & Natural and my dogs LOVE it. They go bonkers for it as the smell is really strong, but in a good way. The kibble size is super tiny. I have had good results with this food, but most of all I really like all the ingredients that TWO uses. They are the only food I have found that doesn't cut corners somewhere. For example, I love the fact that they add taurine and carnitine to their foods and they have an amazing fatty acid ratio compared to the other brands...

Boxermom4

We feed the blackforest, Maya has colitis and this flavor has the lowest % of fat, so Houston eats it as well, they do fabulous on it and they love TWO, weve fed it for almost a year now, wouldn't change a thing!! They look gorgeous and they are soooooo soft :)

showpug

Other than manufacturing... ;)
From an ingredient stand point...;)

I don't think any food company is as "saintly" as they claim to be. Look at Canidae and all it's secrets about how they changed their formula. They won't come clean with people about that when their are old ingredient lists are on different websites that are proof that they did. I still consider Canidae a great food, regardless.

If it's not one thing, it's another. At then end of the day they are all looking for profit above all else.

I chose TWO because of the amazing fatty acid ratio, the added taurine, carnitine and I liked the protein and fat content of the Wild and Natural. :)

Members online

No members online now.