This is what I ate today...

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Mmmm... Smoothies. Now I want one but I feel too icky to break out the blender :(

FYI: please excuse any typos/ sentences or posts in whole or in part that may be a little strange or don't make sense... I took some cold/flu meds & they always make me a little loopy. Lol. I'm putting that in my siggy.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I also do not like avocados lol. They are so flavorless to me and I'm not a fan of the texture.

So far today I had a salad of spinach, carrots, a bit of cheese and some turkey lunch meat with 1 serving of ranch dressing.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Breakfast:
Coffee, OJ, Cheerios and 1% milk

Morning Snack:
Celery and about 2 oz. of Turkey

Lunch:
Massive Cobb Salad at a local diner. Turkey, Fresh lump blue crab, lots of mixed greens and veggies

About to start on my afternoon snack:
Carrots, some nuts and a small piece of cheese

Saeleofu

So far, a single serving can of peaches (in fruit juice), and an Atkins dark chocolate shake. I'm about to make a pot of blood orange tea. More tea is in my future today, because I'm out of prewritten tea reviews for my blog and need to make more. Oh, the torture...:rofl1:

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I was going to have eggs for breakfast but when I threw cheese in, even though I looked the cheese all over before I took it out of the bag, it was moldy. So my eggs and moldy cheese went down the garbage disposal. I didn't feel super hungry so I just ate a handful of almonds instead.

Had an apple and PB for lunch; again wasn't feeling 100%. Followed up with another handful of almonds.

I'm thinking of skipping the gym tonight and just making some chicken in broth because my stomach is a little not quite right, and I think it would make me a jerk to go to the gym and make other people sick if indeed I do have something going on. Calories will probably be insanely low for the day if my stomach doesn't perk back up so probably best to not go try and kill myself in Cycling class anyway. I hope I'm better by tomorrow because I'm supposed to meet with my trainer and discuss my goals for our training sessions coming up...

Equinox

I used to dislike avocados, partly because I was allergic and partly because I hated the taste. That said, now I love them, especially baked!

Lyzelle

Just coffee and a fried egg sammich today so far. Tacos for dinner. Going to have a smoothie at some point today.

Not sure what I'm going to have in-between now and then, though.

I'm struggling trying to get back into Paleo AND eat a TON of calories every day. Without cheating and going to carbs. Super, super hard.

milos_mommy

I had:

half a nutrigrain bar
three chicken strips (freezer kind. covered in all sorts of coating junk.) with mustard and honey and a rainbow cookie.
an orange, corn chips, and two mint oreos
dinner is supposed to be chicken piccata, carrots and zucchini, and salad.

I feel like I ate so much more today. maybe because of the cookies?

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I'm struggling trying to get back into Paleo AND eat a TON of calories every day. Without cheating and going to carbs. Super, super hard.
I've been struggling with the same issue since going paleo. The recommendations I've seen involve eating lots of snacks of chicken and/or bacon - cooking up large amounts of chicken, tossing snack sized portions into baggies, and snacking on it throughout the day. Eating just for the sake of eating is incredibly unappealing to me (even if it involves bacon) and makes my stomach hurt when I try it, but some people apparently do it and have no issues. Maybe there's something else to land on that's acceptable to eat when you're not hungry? If you brainstorm anything up let me know, I'm willing to give anything a shot. =P

milos_mommy

If anyone can give me tips on getting enough calories with fewer carbs or even better - eating when you're not hungry and not vomiting - I will hug you.

So far I've eaten just over 500 calories. Dinner will probably be another 500 calories. I can't eat 2000 calories a day, let alone more than that.

Saeleofu

If anyone can give me tips on getting enough calories with fewer carbs or even better - eating when you're not hungry and not vomiting - I will hug you.

So far I've eaten just over 500 calories. Dinner will probably be another 500 calories. I can't eat 2000 calories a day, let alone more than that.
What about trying to add some Ensure or something along those lines if you're not hungry? They are carb-heavy but they're easy to drink when you don't feel good. Or if you're really concerned about carbs, the Atkins shakes are very good. They're not metallic tasting like most others are.

milos_mommy

What about trying to add some Ensure or something along those lines if you're not hungry? They are carb-heavy but they're easy to drink when you don't feel good. Or if you're really concerned about carbs, the Atkins shakes are very good. They're not metallic tasting like most others are.
I do drink those...but I can only drink about half of one at a time before I start to get sick...and then I don't feel like eating. There is no way I could add one to a meal and still eat the meal. I'll have half of one for a snack and the rest later, if I don't feel like eating.

SpringerLover

I'd never be able to do paleo, because I cannot possibly eat that much meat but I am trying to consistently eat better in general.

Tonight I made a tuna/avocado/cucumber/lime/mayo (with olive oil) concoction on bread. I really like it!

I need help finding other things that provide me with protein because I am just not a meat eater... I tend to sustain on tuna and nuts. That's not enough!

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
For dinner tonight Ihad a small steak(that I shared with hannah), a small baked potato (i know it is bad but they were leftover and needed tO be used up) and veggies (broccoli, cauliflower abd carrots)

Equinox

Went out for lunch with a friend and ordered Korean BBQ Chicken and kimchi, no rice. Ate the kimchi, and about three slivers of chicken and tossed it. Too many carbs and for some reason I felt totally full.

Went home instead a few hours later and baked a green bell pepper stuffed with ground pork and cheddar cheese. Yummy :D

Saeleofu

I do drink those...but I can only drink about half of one at a time before I start to get sick...and then I don't feel like eating. There is no way I could add one to a meal and still eat the meal. I'll have half of one for a snack and the rest later, if I don't feel like eating.
Then how about trying to go for the most calorie-dense items possible? So you don't have to eat more volume, but can get more calories in. for example, peanut butter has 200 calories for 2 tablespoons, and has a good amount of protein. Not much for carbs if you get the natural kind (just peanuts and salt for ingredients).

You need satin balls for people lol

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Ended up making sweet potato, sausage, and egg breakfast hash. It's really yummy and I should have leftovers for breakfast tomorrow.

Saeleofu

Apparently dinner will be chicken and stuffing.

I had a snack of a turkey snack stick and 3 cubes of colby jack. I just finished shopping (well, for now, just went to Aldi - I'll go to Walamrt and/or Dillons later when there are less people there). I got 6 avocados and I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope they're all good. Also turkey snack sticks, cheese (lots of cheese lol), zucchini, canned green beans (my go-to vegetable), and...I already forgot what else. Oy.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Breakfast - Special K bar and half a mug of black (1/2 teaspoon sugar) coffee.

Snack- Almonds and water.

Lunch - left over BBQ (terrible, I know!) from last night, that was fed mostly to the dog. lol

Snack - Banana, strawberry, greek yogurt, and milk smoothie.

Dinner - preztels and peanut butter sandwich (again 1/4 fed to the dog lol)

Wasn't too bad of a day.

Members online

No members online now.