dumb question

roni

K-9 lover ;)
I have noticed that Rookie will roll on some of his toys or even his greenies. He actually lays down and turns over onto his back and rolls around on them. What does this mean if anything at all?

My Bailey does that too. She even does it on my legs sometimes if we are lying down. but also with her stuffed animals or bones. I am pretty sure it is a possession/dominance issue. Sort of like letting the toy and everyone else know that it is hers...does this make sense?

shaker

My dog goes to the garden, sniffs a certain part of grass then tries to rub his face and neck on it. It's kinda wierd really... Is this related to that?

avenlee

Nora will also do this to her squeeky toys (boy, does she love them!) When she's rubbing and rolling on them I swear I can hear her saying OHHHH I LOVE YOU ! SMOOCH SMOOCH! lol I just think she's thinking she's a lucky dog, lucky dog.

jackie_A

When I take Lucky out to the park he collapses on the grass and rolls in it he scratches hes body and its sort of him saying hes happy.
Maybe your dog is just enjoying hes toys?
:confused:

Rose does that too.....she'll do it with her milk bones. She'll toss them up in the air, wait for them to land, then she'll roll on them. I think it is just their way of saying, this is mine and I like it! lol I don't know for sure though......If she is eating a steak bone or she just caught a rabbit or what not, and she is eating it, she'll rip up the grass around where she is eating the thing. I can't figure out why she does that either....

jackie_A

LOL AWW THANKS!
But big is the little one LOL!!!
Lucky is the dane thanks again though hehhehe

roni

K-9 lover ;)
Thanks guys! That makes sense. Rookie does toss his greenies in the air and then roll all over them before chowing down. He LOVES his greenies!

Jackie ~ what a precious picture! : )

shaker

Hmmm... so mine's possessive about the grass....? :confused: hehehe it's funny when Buff does it :D

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
when mary rolls in the grass I promise there isn't anything possessive about it..I know now we gonna have to have a bath......I usually holler at her before she gets started. Why oh why does my dog have to do that!!!! I told her it really doesn't smell pretty!

Members online