mx gallery

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
No not fun. Waste of money. No matter what hype which company has.. None of them can predict what your dog or anyone elses dog is. Many people have gotten their purebred, papered champions tested to be told they are some ridiculous mix. They do not work.

Dekka is a forensic biotechnologist going back to school to become a geneticist. She just went to bed, but this is part of a post of hers.

The problem is not the DNA technology.. that is pretty straightforward these days. The problem is statistics. That is how these tests work. There is no gene that says 'golden retriever' or ones that even say retriever group. What the tests do is match your dogs profile (meaning they look at specific areas of 'junk' DNA and read the sequences at those spots. CODIS uses 13 loci to make profiles for criminals) to a database. Your results are only as good as your data base. The problem is none of them have good enough databases at this time I doubt they ever will.

So your dog's profile is run through a program and it picks which breeds have similar profiles. Problem is that the computer has to pick. Its like being told to pick a ball.. you pick blue. Then you are asked is it red or yellow. You must answer.. no matter what you pick it won't be accurate.
Buddy'sParents on chaz got Buddy tested. Large black dog came back as part Maltese.

Purebred getting back weird results caught on youtube YouTube - Canine DNA test results

BostonBanker

Purebred getting back weird results caught on youtube YouTube - Canine DNA test results
Oh my god, that dog is adorable. I loved the thumping tail throughout.

I got one of the tests for my friend for her birthday one year (same company as the one used on Buddy), and ironically, her dog pictured below is ALSO part maltese. There must be some large, mutant maltese running around, procreating around the country. He must be found and stopped.

colliewog

Collies&Terriers, Oh My!
There must be some large, mutant maltese running around, procreating around the country. He must be found and stopped.
lol! That's what I was thinking!!

What's even funnier is that this dog look very much like the one I linked to in my earlier post ....

Oh my god, that dog is adorable. I loved the thumping tail throughout.

I got one of the tests for my friend for her birthday one year (same company as the one used on Buddy), and ironically, her dog pictured below is ALSO part maltese. There must be some large, mutant maltese running around, procreating around the country. He must be found and stopped.

OMG!!! Her dog could be a littermate to LadyMacBeth's Maggie :)

Members online

No members online now.