my new puppy

S

stirder

we've found 2 fleas on her. I just read on frontline and advantix websites that they can be used on puppies 8 weeks of age or older. nothing will be open untill tomorrow, is one better for puppies than the other??? our older dog and our cat are both on frontline, just not sure if one is gentler or something to puppies?

Fran27

You know, I have no clue. I haven't found anything that can be put on puppies under 6 months old except collars personally, so I'm a bit reluctant to buy anything for Tips. Boris has some stuff though.

Oh there is some on petmeds.com. My other problem now is I don't dare buying the ones with the lotion you put on the back for Tips, because Boris tends to catch him there...

Anyone got a suggestion?

Julie

I am back again.
I use frontline plus.

k9 advantax has permethrin in it which I do not like to use. It is also very dangerous for cats if you have any of them around your dog.

frontline plus seems to be the best product for my dogs, and it works great. It is also waterproof. You can use it on pups above 8 weeks. They even claim it's safe to use on pregnant and lactating dams.

I like omaha vaccine company to order my products.
http://www.omahavaccine.com

Good Luck,
Julie.

Julie

I am back again.
Fran,
My dogs are always mouthing each other too. I just try to keep them interested in something else until it absorbs a little.
It has never bothered any of them.

Stirder, Be careful of those flea collars. And they really don't work all that good.
I never use bio spot, or hartz flea products either.

Good Luck,
Julie.

Julie

I am back again.
Sure I think it would. I don't even seperate mine, I just give them a rawhide or something for a little while.
Now they do seem to stay a little oily if you get alot on the hair and not directly on the skin. And that will last for maybe 2 days??
But I still have never had any problems.

Julie.

Julie

I am back again.
something else, before I used advantage, it was good also, but didn't kill ticks and is not waterproof. But you can use it on pups 7 weeks and older.
If your dogs are not in the water, and ticks are not a problem, advantage could be a good choice too.

Julie.

Members online

No members online now.