60 dog breeds to learn

I was gonna mention the bobtail too ;)

Also the "Husky" does look like a Siberian HUsky to me albeit a poor representation who is also very very overweight.

If the "pitbull" is supposed to represent the American Pit Bull Terrier hen I find that bitch to be another very poor representation. I recommend looking up "Colby Dogs" to see what the American Pit Bull Terrier should really look like! Or you could also check out Matrix Kennels of American Pit Bull Terrier. They have some amazing dogs!

Another correction, the "Alabai" dog is actually just a strain of Central Asian Ovcharka.

Also something to keep in mind, most of these dogs appear to be show dogs and I personally find most show dogs to be over-done thus, a poor representarion of the breed. Others are absolutely phenominal though! I really like the Tibetan Mastiff. Interesting how most of the breeds you showed are molossers, my favourite group of dog! None of these breeds are new to me, but it is nice to see different pictures of them.

ETA: It should be noted that the "Akita" is an "American Akita" and shouldnt be confused with the "Japanese Akita"

Ahh I didn't take overweight into consideration. Perhaps, I don't know, it looks too big and heavy/bulky as in big boned to be husky but it doesn't really matter I guess.

It is pretty big boned, but then so are a lot of the show line and backyard bred Siberian Huskies of today sadly. Without seeing more angles of the dog and a solid object to be able to judge the exact size it is hard to tell. Heck even the Nordic breed "experts" have a hard time deciphering the two sometimes. I'm just going by the head rather than the body since the overweight factor can really throw things off.

jason_els

I don't see the point either and if it's to show various dog breeds then the pictures had best be accurate. I appreciate the attempt, but perhaps try to use smaller pictures with a little bit about each breed?

cagi

I thought Bobtail = Old English Shepherd and Alabai = Central asian shepherd..

And here is a German Shepherd dog in bigger photo..

Please everybody write here the 10 dog breeds that you like most..

Mine :

1-) Kangal
2-) French mastiff
3-) German shepherd
4-) Rottweiler
5-) Boxer
6-) Great Dane
7-) Saint Bernard
:cool: Doberman
9-) Dogo Argentino
10-) Husky

Top ten breeds for me.. What's yours?

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Hey I'm untrained for sure, but I think the Tervs owned by Riot and Spiritus on this board are far better looking than the one in that photo. I did get to see some very attractive dogs I have never seen before. Like the Akbash,Groenendael,Leonberger,Alabai (I REALLY liked the Alabai)

RD

Are you dead yet?
Did you ask anyone if you could use these photos? I ask because this

is one of the prettiest pictures i've seen in a long time, and I want to know who took it.

cagi

These photos were in internet so I didn't ask anyone to use because it doesnt write COPYRiGHT on them. No need for permission. Everyone can see.

cagi

Now let us show all breed's photos. I'm beginning with south russian shepherd. You go on with other breeds please.

South Russian shepherd:

Members online

No members online now.