I'm SO upset! Di bit my grand baby :-(

LauraLeigh

My MIL is here for a few weeks for a visit, we were very specific that Di can only be out when strictly supervised and unless you are watching them and monitoring them hands on then Di and Kolby cannot be together!!

Fast forward, today MIL offers when Jenn and I head to town for a grocery run to watch Kolby (We were taking him) I put Di away....

Hubby gets a frantic call about an hour later, apparently Di was whining in her crate so MIL let her out... At some point Kolby walked behind her and grabbed her, she got his cheek!!!

I am devastated and so upset, and so worried about Kolby, I just pray he wont scar... I'm also irrationally upset with Di, while upset for her at the same time..

Grrrrr

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Awww, poor little guy. :( I hope he isn't traumatized by this at all... same with Di! It's really NOT your fault so don't feel bad. It's MIL's fault completely.

To get proactive, I'd do lots of CC/DS work with Di, as a short fuse can reallyyy be lengthened. Gonzo snapped at my neice for falling on him several years ago. I started CC/DS as much as possible & now he runs to me for a reward when the kids fall on or grab him.

LauraLeigh

She's old and blind, not really anything I can think of that'll help too much with getting a "scare" from behind... I don't think she really meant to connect so much as "scare" away whatever scared her and caught his cheek...

He's actually emotionally fine, two minutes later was laughing and running around, the Dr said leave it open (so any infection will drain) keep it clean and coat it with Polysporin, I just pray he doesn't scar..

Poor kid :(
I wish people would listen to instructions you give them. Sometimes it really is /important/.

LauraLeigh

Poor guy! You can add some vit. E to it to help it heal without much of a scar.
Really? Just mix it with the Polysporin?

Poor kid :(
I wish people would listen to instructions you give them. Sometimes it really is /important/.
I know, but I blame myself as well... I should have brought Kolby with us, frustrating though, people think your being over cautious until something happens... Then they blame the DOG!

momto8

Arnica cream! We love it, last year my daughter fell and hit her face coming down the slide at school, was bad. Cut her face open along the cheek bone and was so bruised, a friend recommended arnica cream, it speed-ed the recovery time up and no scarring at all!

Red Chrome

That MIL would be staying at a hotel now. She caused this by not respecting you and not watching the dog properly after she disrespected you.

Poor baby and poor Di.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Awww. I'm sorry Laura! Poor little guy and poor Di, too. Not her fault for being put into a situation like that.

I don't understand what some people don't get about "do not let _______ happen, under any circumstances". They always find some way to let ______ happen. -_-

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
Well. He won't be harassing Di again. At least you get that much out of this. ;)

Members online