The Never-Ending Game

RD

Are you dead yet?
Yes, Dakota has.

Eve took off to check the beach for geese. (Good girl.) She'll be back soon.

Does your dog have a job aside from being your companion?

ACooper

how do we play this game again ??
You did it right, lol.....you answer the last question, say what your dog is doing NOW, and then ask a question of your own :)

Yes they are sled dogs. I will always have a job for my dogs besides "companion" because it is the best for them and I want them to be able to reach their full potential!

Greeting newcomer is over and the dogs are back to sleeping.

Is there anybody your dog despises?

Xerxes

Mr Poopy
Do other dogs count? Because my dog wants 3 other dogs dead and one more maimed. But people, nope not at all.

Snoozing by the chair after having a nice walk and a big ol' meal.

How many dogs is too many?

yoko

when you can't afford to feed or vet them all and love on them seperately... but only then!

cuddled up watching the colors on the screen

what is one thing that your dog cannot stand?

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
Regular milkbones: she spits them out and looks insulted. As for living things, there's this bull-mix that she growls at whenever she sees him . . . as long as he can not see her.

Out playing with my finace in the yard.

Does your dog have a favorite game?

bcmoffatt

totally normal
Zoomie chase! Best game ever! I love it too. I stand in the middle of the yard while the dogs run around the perimeter really really fast. Then they take turns cutting through the center where I am. I lunge at them and they deke around me. It's hilarious! They make crazy grunting noises while they run.

The dogs are milling around the living room. They just had a monster playdate and ate dinner. They should go down for the night soon-- I hope!

Does your dog have any hilarious habits?

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
She digs in her water dish. In fact, in any body of water she can get her paws in. She splashes the water out. Its really funny to watch, if messy. I've had to put a water bottle on her crate because of it. I'm still trying to figure out why she does it (guesses welcome).

She's outside, empting out after dinner, oblivious to the fact that when I finish this post I'm putting her in her crate so my fiance and I can get Ethopiean food.

Always controversial . . . what do you think is the 'bestest' dog food?

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
^I think 'bestest' :p depends on a dog's individual needs, not all foods are best for all dogs. That said, I think most dogs do best on raw :D

>They're running a muck! Gah!! Mainly running around the coffee table pretending their in NASCAR :rolleyes:

V What are you're thoughts on the corgi breeds? :D

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
^I think 'bestest' :p depends on a dog's individual needs, not all foods are best for all dogs. That said, I think most dogs do best on raw :D

>They're running a muck! Gah!! Mainly running around the coffee table pretending their in NASCAR :rolleyes:

V What are you're thoughts on the corgi breeds? :D
I love them! I very nearly got one before Sarama wandered into my life. My 'dog-sister' was a Corgi, and I've wanted one ever since . . . definatly on the dogs-before-I-die-list.

In her crate, really put out because this is normally play time, but Mommy and Daddy do get to go to dinner sometimes.

Do you feed 'wierd animal parts' to your dogs as treats. Not talking about raw but about thinks like dried pigs hearts?

As a special treat the dogs have gotten pig's skin froma pig roast before. They really enjoyed that but I dont do it often because A) I really go to pig roasts and B) its actually very salty

Right now the dogs are sniffing me because I just came home from a meeting at the restaraunt (so i smell like food)

What is the grossest thing your dog has eaten?

Terra eats poo. That's pretty gross. Loki tried to eat a dead, flat squirrel, but didn't get far.

Loki is on the couch again, tired out from play. Terra is working over a Nylabone in her crate.

How much does your dog weigh?

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Sawyer is 52 lbs and Virgo is a chunky 77lbs. She'll be losing at least five of that.

Virgo is curled up in her crate with the door open, fast asleep. Saywer is sprawled out on the run, also fast asleep.

Can your dog do backflips?

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
No. She's almost silent. When my mother came to visit, she remarked after a few days that Sarama is almost 'creepily' quiet. She can make noise, and has been known to yap and howl her misery if left alone in her crate (but only for about 15 minutes, then she gives up) but outside of that situation, she almost never makes a sound.

Eating a dried pig's heart

So be honest . . . are mixed breeds 'your thing' or do you only consider purebreds?

I'm all up for either depending on what I am looking for in a dog. I'm even ine with intentionaly mixing breeds AS LONG AS there is a very specific and valid reason for it (ex, crossing dogo/pit/greyhound to create a better boar hunting dog)

Both dogs are having a good drink of water as we just came home from running errands downtown

How many different collars does your dog have?

Plushie

Husky Mom
Sindra has seven, and Jack has four. My mom's dogs that I'm taking care of? Dawson has three, Dottie has six, Arson has four, Jake has eight, and Charolette and a good 15 or 20, and she's only had Charolette for maybe six months now.

Sindra - sleeping in her whelping box, (glad she's gotten used to!) Jack - sleeping next to the whelping box, guarding Sindra. Dawson - standing at the front door watching the neighbour walk his two terriers. Charolette - watching TV with my neices and nephews on the couch. Jake - at my feet, drooling over a bone I got him. Dottie - chewing on her kong lying down while her brother sleeps next to her with his head on her back. Arson - sleeping on the floor next to Dottie whom I just said of what she is up to.

How many dogs have you owned in the past? What were their name & breed?

None. Just Oceano and Ronan so far...

Ronan is grooming himself and OC is in his crate (door open) grabbing a quick drink

What is your pet peeve with your dog?

yoko

i am iron defecient so i'm cold ALL THE TIME. and in winter when i have even more reason to be cold she'll start out cuddled up under the blanket with me. and she'll end up wrapping her self up and steal my blankets from me

she's cuddled up to me :)

is there something really affectionate that your dog will do with just you?

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
When she sleeps, Sarama sleeps under the bed, directly beneath me. She doesn't do that with my fiance. Also, I'm the only person she will curl up against and settle down.

Awaiting her walk, about to be surprised when I vanish for the day . . .first day of new job

What tricks have you taught your dog?

Members online

No members online now.