The Good News thread

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Our wooly bear caterpillar that we had hibernating in our fridge all winter is awake and now it's building it's chrysalis :D very cool

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Yey, more yard work done! Got rid of more brush, got rid of a few more trees that didn't belong, sprayed the weeds, killed the fire ants, trimmed the bushes, and dumped a few more oddly placed planters. Also what I thought was a mass of weeds around a tree is actually, I do believe, a badly kept raspberry bush. Don't know what I'm going to do with it yet (try to save it or scrap it), but it was still interesting!

Now I have to decide if I want to attempt to have a green thumb and have some flowers outside. Hmmmmm....

Our wooly bear caterpillar that we had hibernating in our fridge all winter is awake and now it's building it's chrysalis :D very cool
I'm torn between saying, "Omigod, that is so awesome!" and thinking, "Omigod, they had a caterpillar in the fridge all winter! o_O" ROFL :D We once caught and "raised" a monarch caterpillar and watched it morph into a butterfly. That was totally awesome.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Yey, more yard work done! Got rid of more brush, got rid of a few more trees that didn't belong, sprayed the weeds, killed the fire ants, trimmed the bushes, and dumped a few more oddly placed planters. Also what I thought was a mass of weeds around a tree is actually, I do believe, a badly kept raspberry bush. Don't know what I'm going to do with it yet (try to save it or scrap it), but it was still interesting!

Now I have to decide if I want to attempt to have a green thumb and have some flowers outside. Hmmmmm....

I'm torn between saying, "Omigod, that is so awesome!" and thinking, "Omigod, they had a caterpillar in the fridge all winter! o_O" ROFL :D We once caught and "raised" a monarch caterpillar and watched it morph into a butterfly. That was totally awesome.
Haha it was in a container lol and it was asleep... Most of the time haha.

I'd love to find a monarch caterpillar to do the same thing. That would be awesome but I have yet to ever find one lol

*blackrose

Haha it was in a container lol and it was asleep... Most of the time haha.

I'd love to find a monarch caterpillar to do the same thing. That would be awesome but I have yet to ever find one lol
What was even more interesting was trying to find milkweed patches to feed it. We had to traipse around the countryside for a bit before we found a good supply.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
The pipe for our backyard hose burst. Thankfully it doesn't leak unless you turn it on but it basically means you can't use the hose at all. We've had so many plumbing issues in this house and it's always ridiculously expensive.

I mentioned it in passing to an older gentleman at our church who has been a carpenter his whole life and just a general handy man and so he offered to take a look at it. He came by today and said he can fix it for us :D YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Talon's Trainer offered me an awesome deal! Basically I take Talon to help her with her private sessions since her dog is not suited for these things and she will give me free private sessions for Artimis! :D

All Talon has to do is be there for the most part. He'll never have to "greet" the other dog in any manner, just be at whatever distance the other dog needs to start working on it's issues. So I'm hoping this works out, I'd love to get Art into some private sessions to work out his current issues. Plus, It would be great for Talon as well to be around a new dog every week.

I'm really hoping this works out. The biggest obstacles are working out how much of my time is going towards private session(s) and time constraints. Talon did great when we went to be the distraction for BAT work for a private she did, but you never know. So hopefully he does well!

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Talon's Trainer offered me an awesome deal! Basically I take Talon to help her with her private sessions since her dog is not suited for these things and she will give me free private sessions for Artimis! :D

All Talon has to do is be there for the most part. He'll never have to "greet" the other dog in any manner, just be at whatever distance the other dog needs to start working on it's issues. So I'm hoping this works out, I'd love to get Art into some private sessions to work out his current issues. Plus, It would be great for Talon as well to be around a new dog every week.

I'm really hoping this works out. The biggest obstacles are working out how much of my time is going towards private session(s) and time constraints. Talon did great when we went to be the distraction for BAT work for a private she did, but you never know. So hopefully he does well!
Very cool! This will give YOU plenty of opportunities to practice neutrality with Talon, too! One word to the wise, though: even if it seems 'easy', this sort of distraction dog work can be stressful for the decoy dog, so be sure to give T breaks, reward heavily for behaviors you like, and have a plan in place with your trainer in case he needs a break in the middle of a session. :)

*blackrose

Finally got of the drive to go and apply at the clinic. Not 20 minutes later they called me back for an interview! Whoot! Hopefully this one pans out. I liked what I briefly saw of the place.

Lyzelle

I have been applying for jobs out in Colorado since we leave in about 3 weeks.

I already have interviews lining up. I got a call 20 minutes after I applied for one today, and they were happy to set something up within a few days of me coming in town.

Score.

I like it when things line up like this.

Members online

No members online now.