Please help us identify this dog breed

Hi there,

Saw this dog today and my wife and I fell in love with it. Can anyone help us identify what breed it is, or if it's a cross, what it might be a combination of? We'd be interested in finding his cousin... :)

Thanks,
Archie

Boemy

My guess would be a lab/poodle cross. There are plenty in rescues and shelters, just look around. :)

Please research what labs and poodles are like (personality, energy level, needs) before getting a dog, though . . . Getting a dog based solely on looks (or on the personality of ONE representative of the breed) can end in disaster.

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
that could VERY easily be a pure bred standard poodle with a natural face...
or either a lab x poodle or a golden x poodle, PLEASE do not buy either of these "breeds" form a breeder, currently there are VERY few "responsible" "doodle" breeders, and plenty of "labradoodles and goldendoodles" in shelters (mostly because the vast majority of them do shed and cause isues with allergies despite being told they are "hypoalergenic like poodles" )
it could also be a wheaton, but i doubt it.

hes a very cute larger shaggy dog...

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Face and ears are too terrierish... I do not see poodle or lab in this dog.

Though looks like a Wheaton to me.

sisco16

koda bear
I definatly agree with those that said wheaton terrier because i know severaral labradoodle and wheatond and that dog does not match a labradoodle frame, coat that dog is far to wirey and the head structure is telling otherwise :)

Dekka

Just try me..
I see a wheaton there... likely a purebred. They are fairly large terriers who look a lot like labradoodles at first glance.

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
Please feel free to throw figurative rocks at me because I am well aware that correcting spelling errors online is annoying, but this is too many repetitions of the same misspelling for me. It is a Wheaten Terrier, not Wheaton. It is named for its color.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
It looks like a wheaten. But if you're interested there's a ton of different breeds that have a similar big, shaggy dog look. I'd research their personalities and figure out which would fit well with your lifestyle better. It's never good to get a dog solely based on looks (although I think for most of us looks play some part in choosing a breed).

S

Squishy22

I'd say wheaten as well. That head of his is telling.

Labradoodles and goldendoodles are so darn popular these days you just never know.

Members online