Dog meets Horse...

Julie

I am back again.
A couple weeks ago, my dogs got to meet horses up close. They did great.
We were at our camp, And a friend of ours brought her horses and her students (she teaches riding/showing lessons) to our camp.

What a great thing to watch, Horses and dogs swimming side by side.

Charlie and Rocket did great. Of course Shiloh missed the opportunity, because of her aggression towards Rocket.

I was really nervous they would try to chase them, but no, they had perfect manners.

Now that I know this, I want a horse. Go Figure. I have only ridden a few times, so I would need a very mild horse, one that I could handle and the kids could ride. I will also need lots of information on care and handling. As I know absolutely nothing about them.
It would be a year or two before I would even consider able to have one. After we get our house finished and move to our 36 acres. Then I would need a barn. Oh maybe someday. It looks like so much fun, swimming and trail riding etc.

Does anyone here enjoy bareback water riding with their dogs?

Here are a couple pictures.

The yellow dog in these pictures is not Shiloh, but my friends dog.

My youngest son. Both boys got to ride, but didn't get enough pictures.

Beautiful pictures!! I love riding...it's a ton of fun. Never been riding with my dogs, but May and Colby have been around horses once or twice.

Y

yuckaduck

OH Julie it is a world of fun to go riding with your horse and your dogs. I use to love it and did it daily. Good Luck!

Members online

No members online now.